Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2022 8:10:40 PM EDT
Looking for a group to train with in the greater Colorado Springs area…marksmanship, tactics, fieldcraft, outdoor survival, prepping, fitness…the whole bit. Anyone around who would be comfortable enough to meet with a new guy?

I would even be interested in getting a group together, even if it’s just a few individuals, to do a group sign-up for a course at one of the tactical training centers in CO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for a group to train with in the greater Colorado Springs area…marksmanship, tactics, fieldcraft, outdoor survival, prepping, fitness…the whole bit. Anyone around who would be comfortable enough to meet with a new guy?

I would even be interested in getting a group together, even if it’s just a few individuals, to do a group sign-up for a course at one of the tactical training centers in CO.
View Quote

Check out the APC thread also in Hometown.  I'm looking to put together a couple of rucks in the next couple of months that are a good way to meet like minded folks that focus on the topics you mentioned - last hike was in Monument/Palmer Lake area (wasn't high speed, but we got it done in time).  APC has also held marksmanship quals and land nav events in up and down the front range in the last year.  If this is something you're interested in, I'm happy to invite you to the next outing (not planned yet).  @NotCaliforniaLegal is also good about making the drive to CO to put on APC events.

Shooting specific, check out the Fieldcraft Survival classes held at ModTAC in Elizabeth (or the other classes held at that range), or local Appleseed shoots.  Magnum Shooting Centers also have clinics/competitions that fit in that realm after you demonstrate proficiency.  Clinics were taught by former IPSC World Ranked shooters and former 10th Group guys, if that's important to you.  Access in my experience to private property is pretty difficult (and when you do get it, they don't want big groups using it), so it's been a little difficult to find opportunities to do larger events that weren't organized by an outside entity.

If you're in to the NV game, also look for group night hikes - again, let me know if this is something you're interested in.  Just a few ideas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I’d be interested in getting involved. If you could, loop me in when you plan the next event.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m interested as well.  I just PCS’d to the area from Stuttgart, Germany so I’m looking for opportunities to get together, shoot, learn and have fun.

MPNelson81
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
APC hike next weekend....
Just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
There’s a very good competition scene along the front range.  Make an account on practiscore dot com (free) and check the map for upcoming events.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm down.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm down.
View Quote

I'm not.  2 hour drive to Springs and if there's a lane closure on I-25 (generally after exit 132 NB), forget it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not.  2 hour drive to Springs and if there's a lane closure on I-25 (generally after exit 132 NB), forget it.
View Quote

I drive everywhere from Pueblo to Denver on a constant basis, that's a weak argument. You do you though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be doing a night shoot at turkey Track shooting area near woodland Park on the 29th. Shoot with white light or nods if you have them.

I'm also learning ATAK right now but I need another person to get into it with me to test the communication functions. I'll be doing a hike on Saturday near palmer lake,  using ATAK to navigate. It works fine stand alone for that but really shines when you get into the off grid,  secure communications.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you ever find another tester for atak?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you ever find another tester for atak?
View Quote

XJ started messing with ATAK but we haven't gotten together to try to connect them.  If you're interested, and you've got an android device that can run it,  we can get together sometime.  

At some point I want to run a TAK server as well, but the Linux stuff is still over my head.  The advantage of the server is you can be anywhere as long as you have internet via cell tower or other means,  you can see each others position and share messages/ data.
The meshtastic is limited to the network you can build through the mesh,  but has the advantage of being off grid and doesn't need a server
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

XJ started messing with ATAK but we haven't gotten together to try to connect them.  If you're interested, and you've got an android device that can run it,  we can get together sometime.  

At some point I want to run a TAK server as well, but the Linux stuff is still over my head.  The advantage of the server is you can be anywhere as long as you have internet via cell tower or other means,  you can see each others position and share messages/ data.
The meshtastic is limited to the network you can build through the mesh,  but has the advantage of being off grid and doesn't need a server
View Quote

message incoming
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top