Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2020 8:10:57 PM EDT
I'm sorry, CO.  It was a dream of mine that I might live there one day, but it seems like California locusts ruined your state like New York cockroaches ruined mine.

Condolences.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a plague upon the land.  Worst part is they're so effing snotty and insufferable about it (hint--peruse the r/colorado and r/coloradosprings subreddits).

I posted a map from 2017 in another arfcom thread,showing the #1 source of immigrants to each state, I'll repeat it here:

Attachment Attached File

It's only gotten worse in the meantime.  They are indeed a plague of locusts upon all the western states.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw your previous post and I had no idea how many New Yorkers had infiltrated my state, soooo...thank you for the map?

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I really did want to move to CO when I was younger.
It looks beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks beautiful.
View Quote

Then move here.  Are you going to let progressives dictate how you live your life?

I say that not as a criticism, but as an encouragement.  I move here from TX in 2017, and don’t ever want to leave. I love so much about this state, some of the residents aside. I’m not going to allow progressives to push me out of a life I want to live.

Bring it on over to the Rockies
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are a plague upon the land.  Worst part is they're so effing snotty and insufferable about it (hint--peruse the r/colorado and r/coloradosprings subreddits).

I posted a map from 2017 in another arfcom thread,showing the #1 source of immigrants to each state, I'll repeat it here:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81722/immigrantmap2017_png-1724839.JPG

It's only gotten worse in the meantime.  They are indeed a plague of locusts upon all the western states.  
View Quote

Seems like OK, AR, and LA should be fine.  I'm not sure I believe NM.  I fear for WY.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then move here.  Are you going to let progressives dictate how you live your life?

I say that not as a criticism, but as an encouragement.  I move here from TX in 2017, and don’t ever want to leave. I love so much about this state, some of the residents aside. I’m not going to allow progressives to push me out of a life I want to live.

View Quote

What part do you live in?  I know nothing about it other than John Denver songs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're the reason we have chain laws now asshole.

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey I resemble that remark
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What part do you live in?  I know nothing about it other than John Denver songs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colorado Springs area.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, man--some east coast douchebag isn't moving here?  What a tragedy

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So. Edgy
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hold John Denver responsible for encouraging the mass migration to this state by singing about that Colorado Rocky Mountain High.  Then, in the Same. Freakin'. Song.  he complains about "more people, more scars upon the land."  Screw him and his life in Starwood.  He did this state no favors by promoting his Colorado hippie lifestyle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:38:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hold John Denver responsible for encouraging the mass migration to this state by singing about that Colorado Rocky Mountain High.  Then, in the Same. Freakin'. Song.  he complains about "more people, more scars upon the land."  Screw him and his life in Starwood.  He did this state no favors by promoting his Colorado hippie lifestyle.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't be mad at this.  Transplants can ruin where they move to, and a lot of East coasters are douchebags.  I just always thought CO was one place where people were left alone to live in peace.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can't be mad at this.  Transplants can ruin where they move to, and a lot of East coasters are douchebags.  I just always thought CO was one place where people were left alone to live in peace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there's plenty of them too.  I watched a vehicle with NY plates, towing a UHaul trailer, doing 10 mph in the left hand lane up a busy 55 mph six lane road the other day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Southern Colorado is still ok.  Northern Colorado is a bunch of emo kids of all ages.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Southern Colorado is still ok.  Northern Colorado is a bunch of emo kids of all ages.
View Quote

western slope is pretty solid still.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who says he’s a douchebag? Perhaps he’s just the kind of person we need to move here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah its still pretty awesome out here
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Northern just depends on what side of 25 you live on
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#21]
True, there are good areas in Northern Colorado, and the Western Slope is cool.  I should have said Denver/Boulder/Fort Collins.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

there's always a clown like Stoner there that's going to offer up a reach-around
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It looks beautiful.
View Quote

It was my dream for 10 years too and when I got here I found the CA colonizers arrived before me.

Look to Utah or Idaho, the locals there will prove more resistant to the communist influx.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

there's always a clown like Stoner there that's going to offer up a reach-around
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Show me on the doll where the world hurt you today.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tire chain laws might be the hill I would die on!  

(Says the Virginian who received 7/8" of snow on Wednesday)
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tire chain laws might be the hill I would die on!  

(Says the Virginian who received 7/8" of snow on Wednesday)
View Quote

LOL
I still have that behind my north facing walls. And it snowed last weekend.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It was my dream for 10 years too and when I got here I found the CA colonizers arrived before me.

Look to Utah or Idaho, the locals there will prove more resistant to the communist influx.
View Quote

Idaho has been invaded by the CA virus for years now.. they went to Washington state then to Idaho
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#28]
So Californians ruin everything they set foot in?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seems like OK, AR, and LA should be fine.  I'm not sure I believe NM.  I fear for WY.
View Quote

I can easily believe it, but not the Texans you'd really want from a rights standpoint.  I'm sure quite a few of them are from El Paso for example.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
u-haul time, bud.
View Quote

I agree and have a plan in motion to GTFO within 2 years. It pisses me off, though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll admit, I'm one of those East Coast transplants - from NJ of all places! - that moved here in '93 to escape their Assault Weapon Ban and all of the other absurd rules that the sheeple of that communist state accept and follow (how about no ball playing on the beach?).  I vote 100% conservative, HATE what has happened to this once-wonderful state over the last 25 years but would be a hypocrite to blame all "transplants", as I am one of them.  I have exercised my right to not only bear "arms", but also quite a bit of NFA-registered things that convert $$$ to noise quickly and efficiently.  While I'm not a native, and don't pose as one, I do believe that I reflect the values of this state as they were originally intended - NOT as they have become.  I''m embarrassed that we have turned into a blue state and have began looking elsewhere to hang my hat - but, where?  Texas is headed in the same direction, and Wyoming is quickly filling with transplants that want to change things for the worse.  I feel like I'm back in New Jersey 30 years ago looking for an alternative, but those alternatives aren't as clear-cut as they once were.  God Bless.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#34]
For all of those in CO Oil and Gas, looks like a 5,000 oil well field in eastern Wyoming was just approved... Look north.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]
OP, don't blame you.

Moved here (Colorado Springs) ten years ago originally from Missouri but with a three year stay in Washington State first. I have wanted to live near mountains since I was a kid. WA was awful ( wife is a conservative community college teacher and found the environment intolerable). Native Coloradans are great people, but unfortunately along the front range they seem to be  becoming a minority to all the Cali types. And RINO politicians beholden to the real estate industry are encouraging young liberals to move here (see CoS mayors). Find and watch the old TV miniseries 'Centennial' about Colorado, says a lot. ElPaso County Colorado--- "the most coservative county in the nation"-- will go liberal by 2028.

When wife retires, if I am still kicking (73 now) we will move to her home country in NE Alabama. I love the mountains but will have to settle for hills and people who still have a modicum of good sense.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#36]
OP has democrats too?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe I should start another thread, but here's another reason that this state (and the country) is going to shit - govt. schools.

JeffCo is one of the poster children.  I apologize for linking to CPR.    Even if you're TLDR, scroll down to the picture of one of the "educators."  If that's not enough for you to pull your kids out of her school, then you need help and are a child abuser.  

https://www.cpr.org/2021/01/07/jefferson-county-teachers-protest-a-planned-return-to-school-citing-safety-worries/
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP has democrats too?
View Quote

OP's state is infested with democrats.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top