Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 9:19:12 AM EDT
Has anyone here used this facility? Any thoughts (good/bad)?  I'm moving out of the city and will be living out on the northern edge of town and saw this place on the map.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Went when it first opened.
White the exception of a couple whole range officers it was always a good time.
I haven’t been ther in a few years because it’s easier for me to go to Boulder City or out to the desert.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It's okay.  They have restrictions on the type of targets you use.  Sorry, no pictures of your mother-in-law.  (No pictures of people of any kind.) And no reactive targets such as paintballs glued to cardboard or Necco wafers, etc.  Just paper.  I don't do quick draw competitions but for my Cowboy Action Shooting I do perform first shot drills coming from leather.  The only stipulation has been for me to stand in between the cement tables instead of directly behind one.  Makes perfect sense to me.  They've also never given me any heartache for rapid fire. I always prefer to set up out in the desert but when push comes to shove I don't ever hesitate to go to the shooting park.  It's also the only place my wife will go because it's clean and has facilities.

Side note:  I've heard stories of overzealous range officers fondling patron's guns, some even dropping them and doing damage. I've never experienced anything but nice professional ROs.  Maybe I'm just lucky.  (Could be that I don't act like an asshole either.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I live on the north side of town as well only a few minutes from the facility. It’s not bad and no one has ever questioned anything I’ve brought including one of my machine guns (all legal). I appreciate that since I’ve been to places that rent machine guns but poo poo on me using my own. Since the pandemic the hours are kinda funny and the place is close a lot  so that makes it a bit inconvenient but I deal with it. There is an outfit called T&T tactical which does open range sessions at the educational center next to the main range and that’s always nice. There are also some IDPA events and steel challenge available as well which brings out a friendly crowd.

I usually go to Desert Sportsman these days as I like the fact I can get my own bay and no one gives me any grief at all about suppressors or machine guns or any other NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like a cold range every 20 minutes have at it.  

I'd rather not pay their fee to have my time wasted.

I'm about a mile from the place and I won't go there.

I'm a member at the boulder city range.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all.  I figured it would be the last resort if I can't get into any clubs.  Desert Sportsmans would be nice to get in but I'm sure there is a long wait, I submitted the application so will have to wait until they call.

I'm going to venture out northwest on 95 to see if I can find a place out in the desert.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you all.  I figured it would be the last resort if I can't get into any clubs.  Desert Sportsmans would be nice to get in but I'm sure there is a long wait, I submitted the application so will have to wait until they call.

I'm going to venture out northwest on 95 to see if I can find a place out in the desert.

View Quote

I just got into Desert Sportsman a few months ago. They closed membership during Covid but opened it back up. You should be able to get in in a month or two.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just got into Desert Sportsman a few months ago. They closed membership during Covid but opened it back up. You should be able to get in in a month or two.
View Quote

Awesome, that's encouraging to hear!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go all the way to Indian Springs.  Turn left onto MacFarland Ave. (It's the street in between Terrible's and the Dollar Store.  Take that back past the church on the left and turn left onto Winston.  Follow Winston all the way back out of town.  It'll "dead end" at a huge flat area where you can set up pretty much anywhere you want.  It's can get busy on the weekends but by and large I've never had a problem finding a spot to set up and shoot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Go all the way to .
View Quote

you really have to share that with the world and not a PM?  
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

you really have to share that with the world and not a PM?  
View Quote

You make a good point. But then again the majority of AR15.COM is too lazy to leave momma’s basement so I’m not too terribly worried.

I’ll delete if the majority wants me to.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You make a good point. But then again the majority of AR15.COM is too lazy to leave momma’s basement so I’m not too terribly worried.

I’ll delete if the majority wants me to.
View Quote

Too late, I already dragged my pile of old refrigerators, TVs, and computers out there. I need to load this old car full of tannerite on my trailer...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top