Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2018 3:17:25 PM EDT
I read this article in todays Trib it`s a lot of propaganda.  There is a question whether a lot of these shootings are justified.   I can`t give a link to the story the Trib wont let me access the story online.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I read this article in todays Trib it`s a lot of propaganda.  There is a question whether a lot of these shootings are justified.   I can`t give a link to the story the Trib wont let me access the story online.
View Quote
Is it this? You may need to clear cookies or open browser in private/incognito mode.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-concealed-carry-shootings-illinois-database-2018-htmlstory.html

Explore: Shootings by CCL holders including homeowners, security guards, store clerks

More than  265,000 Illinois residents have a concealed carry license, about 2 percent of the state's adult population. But the state does not keep records on when these license holders fire their weapons, how often they do it, or if they wound or kill someone.

The Tribune combed through police files, court records and news reports to compile its own list. We found 38 shootings and one threatening incident

» READ MORE: Almost nothing is known about dozens of concealed carry shootings in Illinois. Why?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-illinois-concealed-carry-shootings-20180523-story.html
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The Trib wont let me see it online because they want me to subscribe I did buy a copy of the Trib  at Jewels
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Trib wont let me see it online because they want me to subscribe I did buy a copy of the Trib  at Jewels
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I am sure they want me to subscribe too, but I dont nor do I purchase it any more.   but I can still see it online via the links I posted.

You may need to clear tribune cookies or open browser in private/incognito mode.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI.....We just broke 300K CC folks in IL!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FYI.....We just broke 300K CC folks in IL!!!!
View Quote
Great news...but we need more.

And we need them and the other 1,700,000 FOID holders to get active with their legislators.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Just that blurb is false... there are certainly records of any shooting incident that has been reported to the police, maybe if someone at the Trib wants more information they have to get off their rear end and do some footwork instead of just complaining they can't Google it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I just heard that a CCW holder had a negligent discharge at a party over Fathers Day weekend, and killed a 23 year old.  He was hit in the head and instantly killed.  The CCW holder was female, and was drinking.  I was told this is a mandatory 10 year minimum sentence.  The funeral was Tuesday the 19th.  I don't know the deceased males name.  I don't know exactly what day it happened.  I have not seen anything on the media on this shooting.  I'd like to read more if anyone can find info.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just heard that a CCW holder had a negligent discharge at a party over Fathers Day weekend, and killed a 23 year old.  He was hit in the head and instantly killed.  The CCW holder was female, and was drinking.  I was told this is a mandatory 10 year minimum sentence.  The funeral was Tuesday the 19th.  I don't know the deceased males name.  I don't know exactly what day it happened.  I have not seen anything on the media on this shooting.  I'd like to read more if anyone can find info.
View Quote
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/north-park-des-plaines-shooting-busatlic-ibrem-lincoln-square-shooting/

...The group continued to hang out in the basement of the home and drank alcohol, prosecutors said. During that time, Busatlic took out a semi-automatic handgun and showed it to several people.

...About 9 a.m., one of the members of the group left the basement to go to sleep and saw Busatlic and Ibrem sitting on the floor and talking, prosecutors said. About 30 minutes later, the same person was awakened by the sound of a gunshot and saw Busatlic run out of the basement with the gun and blood on her hand. She ran off with the gun and left the home

...A spokesperson for Chicago Police previously said Ibrem was fatally wounded when someone pulled out a gun during an argument and shot him.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top