Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2019 2:42:28 PM EDT
What are some prices for local type III transfers?

Went to 2 shops yesterday and both fudds I asked had to ask their managers and it looked to be forever before they'd get back with an answer so I left.  Can't blame them as both places were outrageously packed and it's my fault for assuming that 2pm on a Saturday was a good time to do research.

Anyways, I'm in Midvale but I'm willing to drive up as far as Ogden or south to Provo for a deal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done 3 transfers with Mark Layton in Orem. I think it was $50 each time. It's been 3-4 years since I did a transfer.

ETA: I've used Jim at Bullseye Gun Club in Sandy for regular transfers, usually from Bud's Guns. I don't know if Jim has an SOT for NFA stuff or not.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone was advertising $10 transfers on UTGE.

Home FFL so you’d have to make an appointment.
I don’t remember which city.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone was advertising $10 transfers on UTGE.

Home FFL so you’d have to make an appointment.
I don’t remember which city.
View Quote
Hy & Mikes Pawn in Midvale does / did $10 transfers but I don't think they do class 3 stuff.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hy & Mikes is who I've been using for a few months now at the recommendation of you guys.  Great shop for transfers and ridiculously convenient given proximity to my 2nd job

But ya I'm looking for NFA transfers this time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jim at Bullseye
View Quote
Jim's a great guy. He's been my FFL since I moved to Utah.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess you guys don't buy guns all that frequently lol  Bullseye
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bummer. It is true that I haven't purchased a gun since December 31st, when he quit. I'll have to rectify that.

Perhaps I'll try Matthew at AmpleArms that Jim recommends.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I called Gunnies in Orem the other day about a suppressor transfer. They charge $75 for theirs. They do have one of those Silencer Shop kiosks though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh wow.  I haven't bought a gun in almost two years.s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh wow.  I haven't bought a gun in almost two years.s
Funny, that's not the Jim or Bullseye I was thinking about.

Bullseye Gun Club.  It's in the arfcom directory
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Gold star guns in riverton, ut has a dozen or so items in jail for me right now.  Standard charge is $50 for small items and $100 for larger i.e. SBR, he seems to work bulk deals as well.  YMMV/FWIW, there hasn't been a hanson/ss/capital/thsf deal that he couldnt match or beat for me.  He does not have a SS kiosk but he does use their F4 generator and responsible party generator if you are using a trust.  He can also do on site finger prints but honestly if you are transferring several items like i have been since i moved back to UT its just easier to get multiple copies from BCI.  They are $5/each but a single scan and print as many as you'd like.

He is a home based FFL, retired LE, now active LE after the obligatory year post retirement.  Has access to RSR/Lipsey/AllenArms etc disty, one of the few grandfathered non retail with RSR.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I called Gunnies in Orem the other day about a suppressor transfer. They charge $75 for theirs. They do have one of those Silencer Shop kiosks though.
View Quote
Yep, I called all my old huntin grounds and both Ready Gunner and Gunnies are $75.

Haven't bought a can since '14 so not sure how to go about it but I'm sure whoever I go with can walk me through it so I'm not too worried.

EDIT:  I'm probably gonna go with Ready Gunner.    $25/extra/per can is worth the peace of mind imo as I know the owner and staff there and I dont have to worry about them going under and having to transfer my can a second time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep, I called all my old huntin grounds and both Ready Gunner and Gunnies are $75.

Haven't bought a can since '14 so not sure how to go about it but I'm sure whoever I go with can walk me through it so I'm not too worried.

EDIT:  I'm probably gonna go with Ready Gunner.    $25/extra/per can is worth the peace of mind imo as I know the owner and staff there and I dont have to worry about them going under and having to transfer my can a second time.
View Quote
@geoint good call. I used Jim at Bullseye for 5 NFA transfers last year that just came back approved, no issue.

But I had him sign a new Form 4 for a can I had sent to him last week and dropped it in the mail yesterday and then he emailed me to let me know he was retiring and not renewing his SOT or FFL and the ATF advised him that the Form 4 I just mailed would be rejected, and they want him to do an individual Form 4 transfer to my trust, not a dealer transfer and not a form 3 dealer to dealer transfer (I guess his SOT must already have lapsed?). Typically he'd need to wait till it was on his books for a year before being able to transfer the item as an individual, but he said the ATF is working with him to expedite and clear everything out of his inventory (including cans owned by customers). We'll see. What a nightmare.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@geoint good call. I used Jim at Bullseye for 5 NFA transfers last year that just came back approved, no issue.

But I had him sign a new Form 4 for a can I had sent to him last week and dropped it in the mail yesterday and then he emailed me to let me know he was retiring and not renewing his SOT or FFL and the ATF advised him that the Form 4 I just mailed would be rejected, and they want him to do an individual Form 4 transfer to my trust, not a dealer transfer and not a form 3 dealer to dealer transfer (I guess his SOT must already have lapsed?). Typically he'd need to wait till it was on his books for a year before being able to transfer the item as an individual, but he said the ATF is working with him to expedite and clear everything out of his inventory (including cans owned by customers). We'll see. What a nightmare.
View Quote
DAAAANG!!!

Here's hoping you get your can in a matter of weeks and those clown alpabetois finally do something useful for a change
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Update, not that it matters. But we did an individual (him) to (my) trust transfer. Submitted December. Approved Feb 16! So I have that can now.

But if anyone is looking for the cheapest nfa transfers around, it's Ample Arms in West point, UT. He does cheap normal transfers too. It's $10 for a title 1 transfer, plus $5 for each additional serial transferred at the same time.

And NFA is $40 if you use the silencershop kiosk/system for your forms, prints, etc (not if you order through ss, obviously, which is free) and $25 if you do your own paperwork/get your own prints, etc and basically he just has to sign the paperwork before you mail it in.

And he's a good dude. Home based FFL. Has bent over backwards so far to make things easy for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the recommendation on Gold Star Guns in Riverton. Should have another item or two on their way to him shortly.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top