Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2022 12:54:17 PM EDT
Anybody know someone who can do this within driving distance in and around Charlotte?  Looking to go in, wait while it’s being done, pay, then leave…? :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wondering the same exact thing, I’ve heard yes and no from different employees at Carolina sporting arms in Charlotte but haven’t used them, yet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I emailed Eagle Guns in Concord about doing a pin & weld job a while back.

They said they do them, but I haven't followed through with it, yet.

If you find someone, let us know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with 2 different places in the area...Hyatt and DNA in Locust.   Both told me $150 and about a week or so to get it done.     No thanks.  

I ended up sending the barrel off to John Thomas at Retro Arms...he got the barrel in 3 days, had the work done and shipped out the same day.  I was expecting to receive the barrel back and this whole process would have been less than a week at $80; however, USPS lost the barrel, so I'm out $600 which included:  new DD barrel, new SF muzzle device, new BCM gas block, the pin/weld work, and my barrel nut.      

Maybe I should have stayed local..........
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spoke with 2 different places in the area...Hyatt and DNA in Locust.   Both told me $150 and about a week or so to get it done.     No thanks.  

I ended up sending the barrel off to John Thomas at Retro Arms...he got the barrel in 3 days, had the work done and shipped out the same day.  I was expecting to receive the barrel back and this whole process would have been less than a week at $80; however, USPS lost the barrel, so I'm out $600 which included:  new DD barrel, new SF muzzle device, new BCM gas block, the pin/weld work, and my barrel nut.      

View Quote
USPS didn't pay for the upper?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
USPS didn't pay for the upper?
View Quote

Still going through the claim process.  We will see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
What does the Hyatt pin and welds look like? I might hit them up vs my upper vanishing in the mail.

First run Original URGIs are not cheap to replace, Hyatt took my name a year ago and had my a 4P flash hider set aside once they came in.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does the Hyatt pin and welds look like? I might hit them up vs my upper vanishing in the mail.

First run Original URGIs are not cheap to replace, Hyatt took my name a year ago and had my a 4P flash hider set aside once they came in.
View Quote

I just had one done at Hyatt.  Cost me ~$110.  Results are a little meh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure what their pin/weld looks like....probably looks like shit knowing what they do over there.   Five years ago, I took a USP to get night sights installed, and they clamped the slide in a vice with no protection, and hammered the sights right off.  It looked like absolute shit.  When I confronted the teeth marks on the slide, and sights being beaten in, they looked like at me like I was causing an issue in their store.   I wasn't planning on using them for pin/welds (or for any gunsmith work), but was just curious if they did it in house.   Cost seems outrageous from what they quoted me.  

Quoted:

I just had one done at Hyatt.  Cost me ~$110.  Results are a little meh.

Here you go.....that sucks.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not sure what their pin/weld looks like....probably looks like shit knowing what they do over there.   Five years ago, I took a USP to get night sights installed, and they clamped the slide in a vice with no protection, and hammered the sights right off.  It looked like absolute shit.  When I confronted the teeth marks on the slide, and sights being beaten in, they looked like at me like I was causing an issue in their store.   I wasn't planning on using them for pin/welds (or for any gunsmith work), but was just curious if they did it in house.   Cost seems outrageous from what they quoted me.  
Here you go.....that sucks.  
View Quote

Yup, a vise mark and a sloppy weld.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup, a vise mark and a sloppy weld.
View Quote

That sucks man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I refuse to give Hyatt any business whatsoever. They're crooks and they do not fully support the 2A.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I refuse to give Hyatt any business whatsoever. They're crooks and they do not fully support the 2A.
View Quote

same, screw those guys.

I had great service from Adco but the same risk of loss in shipping exists.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I ended up going with Retro Arms Works also since I didn't find anyone I would trust in the Charlotte metro.  He did an excellent job, and the turnaround was FAST...he did the work on the day he received it and sent it back out that day.  Of course, you run the risk of shipping issues like the previous poster when using someone remote, but I don't think there is anyone in this area that would do as good a job as Retro.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

... but the same risk of loss in shipping exists.
View Quote

This is JT from Retro Arms.  For the record, the OP's package did make it to him.  It was late, but it arrived.  I normally don't have a problem with late/lost packages.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes! My package did finally arrive….USPS sent an apology note on the box that looked like it went through hell and back.  

It did not sway me to not send more stuff to RetroArms for work…I just sent another barrel out to John last week!

The pin/weld was awesome btw…better than anyone local and well worth it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is JT from Retro Arms.  For the record, the OP's package did make it to him.  It was late, but it arrived.  I normally don't have a problem with late/lost packages.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... but the same risk of loss in shipping exists.

Your work is second to none sir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top