Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2018 11:47:02 AM EDT
Just seeing if there were any FFLs that anyone here recommends for Charlotte County, specifically Port Charlotte area.

I just got back from a local FFL and they want $30.00 for a transfer ( which I don't mind paying) and $5.00 for a background check.

Is charging for a NICS check common in Florida or is the FFL full of it? This will be my first firearms purchase, since moving to Florida last year.

Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I happen to be looking for a FFL for Title 1 and 2 transfers in Charlotte County as well. I emailed J & J One Stop Gun Shop yesterday but haven't heard back from them. In regards to the NICS fee I've always seen that done for transfers here in Florida.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed J & J One Stop Gun Shop yesterday but haven't heard back from them. In regards to the NICS fee I've always seen that done for transfers here in Florida.
View Quote
That's the shop I visited this morning. They were slammed with customers.

Good to know. I just wanted to make sure they were not trying to charge extra for a transfer.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I'm not using J&J guns as a FFL. They wouldn't even let me leave any of my information with them about a gunbroker item that I bought, until the seller of the item contacted them first. That's a first for me.

I went a block down the road to Point Blank Guns and gave them all pertinent info and said they would call when the gun comes in.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Suncoast Weapons and Tactical (SWAT) in Venice. Little further for you, but generally where I shop (have a Sandman S in jail there now) - They are east of I75 at the Jacaranda exit. They've always been good to me, fair prices, good people.

Seth
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Check out Suncoast Weapons and Tactical (SWAT) in Venice. Little further for you, but generally where I shop (have a Sandman S in jail there now) - They are east of I75 at the Jacaranda exit. They've always been good to me, fair prices, good people.

Seth
View Quote
Thanks for that.

EDIT: And they deal with NFA. Even better.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Paradise Pawn in N Port does $15 transfers
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
FCGM LLC  if you were at any of the area 51 shoots we did will and tommy was there ..  great custom shop not like j&j  they have a shop in port charlotte go on face book and do a search wil show there web site and shop stuff !!! Good guys
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FCGM LLC  if you were at any of the area 51 shoots we did will and tommy was there ..  great custom shop not like j&j  they have a shop in port charlotte go on face book and do a search wil show there web site and shop stuff !!! Good guys
View Quote
I'm relatively new to Florida. Have not had any chances to make it to any shoots. I don't do social media at all, but I'm sure my google fu will get me an address.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Seth
View Quote
Just got back from there. I talked to Chaz. Very friendly, prices were decent ( for what I was looking for specifically ) and knowledgeable. FFL transfers were 20+5. Even with them being in Venice, it's still cheaper to drive out there and back, than what FFLs are charging locally ( based on the gun shops I've been to already).

To quote Chaz, "if you buy a suppressor, we allow conjugal visits, while waiting on your paperwork."
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just got back from there. I talked to Chaz. Very friendly, prices were decent ( for what I was looking for specifically ) and knowledgeable. FFL transfers were 20+5. Even with them being in Venice, it's still cheaper to drive out there and back, than what FFLs are charging locally ( based on the gun shops I've been to already).

To quote Chaz, "if you buy a suppressor, we allow conjugal visits, while waiting on your paperwork."
View Quote
Chaz is awesome. I've been tempted to 'visit' my Sandman, but just haven't had the opportunity yet to give them a heads up and plan it all out!
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Chaz is awesome. I've been tempted to 'visit' my Sandman, but just haven't had the opportunity yet to give them a heads up and plan it all out!
View Quote
He seems like a pretty good guy. I think he will be getting my future business.

Hell, I just picked up a gun today from a FFL. I was not given a chance to see it until I completed all the paper work.

All other FFL transfers I have done from various FFLs have always let me see the firearm first to make sure there were no issues or mix ups.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Paradise Pawn in N Port does $15 transfers
View Quote
Are these people still in business? I have two failed delivery attempts to them via UPS with the reason as "business closed". I'm out of the area right now and can't swing by.

edit: Yes, they're in business but were closed for a few days due to Easter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I second the Suncoast Weapons & Tactical of Venice recommendation. They assisted me with my Form 3 paperwork and did the suppressor transfer, making the whole process painless. They do great Cerakoting and engraving work there also if you're ever interested. Best of all they're honest and their prices are decent.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I second the Suncoast Weapons & Tactical of Venice recommendation. They assisted me with my Form 3 paperwork and did the supressor transfer, making the whole process painless. They do great Cerakoting and engraving work there also if you're ever interested. Best of all they're honest and their prices are decent.
View Quote
They will be my FFL from here on out. Friendly, answered all my questions, and are reasonable on their prices from what I saw so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top