BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone is around Hilliard,  Ben is gonna be at hales ales tasting a draft beer at around 330....

And most likely giving sime arena district bars some cash tomorrow afternoon.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
At 12:05, I was able to book an appointment at Great Clips.  At the time, I had a 78 minute wait.  78 minutes later, I have a 20 minute wait.  I got a feeling these last few minutes are going to drag out like a basketball game.
View Quote

I actually had drama at Great Clips.  With 10 minutes left on the clock, I drove over   It seems that they called my home phone to let me know I had five minutes left.  When I didn’t answer, they dropped me from the list.   It didn’t look promising for a few minutes, but I told them I have Army Reserve duty tomorrow and they slipped me in.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That Bitch Karen Baskins is fucking up our bar openings.....Short north bar has popo called due to people spending money...
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that on the news this morning. But the cops said, " we're not doing anything call the board of health.". Maybe superwoman will show up personally and haul people out. Lol

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I saw that on the news this morning. But the cops said, " we're not doing anything call the board of health.". Maybe superwoman will show up personally and haul people out. Lol

View Quote

Well maybe (hopefully) the house of cards is starting to fall apart.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Corso runs downtown, the cops aren’t going to do shit.

I’ll get the scoop on Tuesday, my friend’s sister owns the joint.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no “scoop”. Nosey ass neighbors call in because people aren’t “social distancing” so cops have to respond.  No citations from the popo, only CPH and I’m guessing even that is unlikely. It’s ridiculous, and will likely continue until people learn to mind their own business.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By drewsy64:
There is no “scoop”. Nosey ass neighbors call in because people aren’t “social distancing” so cops have to respond.  No citations from the popo, only CPH and I’m guessing even that is unlikely. It’s ridiculous, and will likely continue until people learn to mind their own business.
View Quote

When I was at Rbar in the arena district Saturday,  the health department showed up to inspect... dude was like 400lbs and almost died walking up the 4 steps to get in... he got some trash talk to be investigating other health while he was dying just from walking.....
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BENLPN:

When I was at Rbar in the arena district Saturday,  the health department showed up to inspect... dude was like 400lbs and almost does walking up the 4 steps to get in... he got some trash talk to be investigating other health while he was dying just from walking.....
View Quote

Not surprised at all. Good old government work!! Sort of like the living dead girl running the health department in I believe LA?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone catch the news or papers?  Now they're saying that basically ANY government employee can write a violation for health/safety/nanny reasons!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Just heard on DeWine's Indoctrination & Propaganda Broadcast...

"Most restaurants are following the rules, but some are not" (obviously referencing places like Standard Hall in Columbus that have been seen big crowds), then says "To reopen, the people need to feel SAFE...crowded bars and restaurants will face citations and revoking of licenses".

I guess people are packed into these bars and restaurants because they feel like they are in danger of the boogey-virus? Gaslighting at its finest.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ender875:
Anyone catch the news or papers?  Now they're saying that basically ANY government employee can write a violation for health/safety/nanny reasons! 
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just heard on DeWine's Indoctrination & Propaganda Broadcast...

"Most restaurants are following the rules, but some are not" (obviously referencing places like Standard Hall in Columbus that have been seen big crowds), then says "To reopen, the people need to feel SAFE...crowded bars and restaurants will face citations and revoking of licenses".

I guess people are packed into these bars and restaurants because they feel like they are in danger of the boogey-virus? Gaslighting at its finest.
View Quote

It's so frustrating.  I went out to a couple of brewpubs in the Cleveland area this weekend.  No one in the crowd was nervous and many could be heard making statements about how ridiculous they think this all is.

At some point the focus seems to have switched from "flattening the curve" to keep from overwhelming our medical system (as these restrictions were originally pitched to us) to we're going to extend all of this until there's a cure or immunization or some such thing.  I was dubious about the whole flattening of the curve in the first place, I'm definitely NOT on board to be protected from myself (under threat of penalty) indefinitely.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Bar owner re-closes

Looks like the deswine special enforcer team got the owner of Standard to reshut his doors.... sucks for th le staff, but fuck the owner for mot standing up.. they are gonna pick the places off 1 by 1....
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bar owner re-closes

Looks like the deswine special enforcer team got the owner of Standard to reshut his doors.... sucks for th le staff, but fuck the owner for mot standing up.. they are gonna pick the places off 1 by 1....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bar owner re-closes

While it would be nice to see more principled opposition it sounds like you're blaming the victim to me.  I'm sure that they threatened to revoke his liquor license (or licenses) as part of those "warnings" they reference in the article.  It's tough to run bars without a permission slip from the .gov...

"We want to cooperate, we want to follow the governor's orders, we want the industry to figure this out. If you are telling me I can't have people in line or at least give me a few minutes to get them to separate before I get a citation, that's going to hurt," Corso explained.

Hopefully he'll contest the citations.  He may not be out of the fight yet but losing liquor licenses for all of his businesses to prove a point doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

ETA:  This gave me hope.  It verifies what I have seen in CLE bars & brewpubs this week.  There is a sizable group of our fellow Ohians who are not cowering in fear of the boogey-virus...

"The people were great, they were ready to come out, and they did everything we asked," said Standard Hall owner Chris Corso.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By greyguy:

While it would be nice to see more principled opposition it sounds like you're blaming the victim to me.  I'm sure that they threatened to revoke his liquor license (or licenses) as part of those "warnings" they reference in the article.  It's tough to run bars without a permission slip from the .gov...

Hopefully he'll contest the citations.  He may not be out of the fight yet but losing liquor licenses for all of his businesses to prove a point doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
View Quote

True but (admittedly on this site its hyperbole and way over used) if no one says fuck this, then its over, every push back in American history is based on someone taking a stand at cost to self. Otherwise kiss free market and liberty goodbye,  the statists will (and honestly they are) win.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

True but (admittedly on this site its hyperbole and way over used) if no one says fuck this, then its over, every push back in American history is based on someone taking a stand at cost to self. Otherwise kiss free market and liberty goodbye,  the statists will (and honestly they are) win.
View Quote

I hear you but I guess what I'm saying is that he still can fight this by contesting the citations at his hearing.  I hope that he does this vehemently and effectively.  There are still ways that he can push back without as much risk to his and his employees futures as a flat out refusal to comply.  It's awful that he's been put in this position in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By greyguy:

I hear you but I guess what I'm saying is that he still can fight this by contesting the citations at his hearing.  I hope that he does this vehemently and effectively.  There are still ways that he can push back without as much risk to his and his employees futures as a flat out refusal to comply.  It's awful that he's been put in this position in the first place.
View Quote

Agreed pulpit, ballot, bullet.... I guess my thought is and my question is (and im a RN, not a business owner, so im clueless) at what point is that risk to his and his employees futures by telling the cops to step off, the same as remaining closed with no income. At a point youve tipped that sesaw and the fatty kid is on the otherside, you cant come back up...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s not as easy as saying fuck you, fuck CPH, etc. Chris didn’t get where he is with that attitude, there are wheels you need to grease, and ass you need to kiss. It’s no different than all these fun companies donating to far left candidates in their district so they can get a contract.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top