Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2017 4:48:54 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick up a suppressor for my first nfa item. Any recommendations for a dealer to use in the Des Moines area? Price and service are my top priorities, but a place that allows conjugal visits would be a plus.

I'd also like some recommendations for trusts if anyone has any. I like the idea of the single shot trust silencershop has, but theirs is not available in Iowa. Is there another one item per trust option from someone local or should I just use the legacy trust from silencershop? Different trustees on different nfa items might be a benefit for me.

Appreciate the input!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Controlled Chaos Arms
Crossroads Shooting Sports
Rhine Group

All good, in my order of preference above.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Rhine group. Jeremy is awesome. when i went to order my first suppressor in september 2016 i went to crossroads and rangemasters and both of them were going to charge full MSRP for the can which was around 1200 or so went to rhine group they were able to get it in for about 850$. They’re awesome!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Controlled Chaos would be my recommendation. Michael is great to work with.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
CCA ticks all your boxes. Also silencershop trust is g2g for Iowa, they just don't have it in the drop-down menu. Send them an e-mail and they'll get it added for you. I have 3 cans approved on mine with 5(?) more pending.

All through CCA, 4 through silencershop (the best), 2 3rd party (never again), and 2 direct from CCA.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Rangemasters in Clive is where I would go. They can help you with all the paperwork, and fingerprints. Need to go to Wal Mart or somewhere else for a passport photo, but once you get your suppressor picked out and paperwork sent in, you can use it at their range while you wait on the stamp to come back.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Controlled Chaos would be my recommendation. Michael is great to work with.
View Quote
I don't live in IA anymore. But if I did. I use CCA.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top