Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2018 9:21:55 PM EDT
Anyone know a good scrapyard in eastern central Florida that buys junk brass / primers for scrap. It’s all junk from years of shooting / reloading. Everyone seems to want to offer dirty brass prices which suck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I scrapped 332 lbs. of brass at American Auto Salvage & Recycling inc. in Debary, FL.   I was paid for Dirty Brass because the primers were still in the casings.  The gentleman helping me said if I removed the primers he could pay me $.50 more per pound.  Most of the brass was Berdan primed, so there was no way I was removing the primers.  It was taking up too much space and had to go.  They paid me $1.00 per lb. in March if it's any help.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I scrapped 332 lbs. of brass at American Auto Salvage & Recycling inc. in Debary, FL.   I was paid for Dirty Brass because the primers were still in the casings.  The gentleman helping me said if I removed the primers he could pay me $.50 more per pound.  Most of the brass was Berdan primed, so there was no way I was removing the primers.  It was taking up too much space and had to go.  They paid me $1.00 per lb. in March if it's any help.
View Quote
P.S.  They did not require any sorting out of Nickeled and .22 LR casings as I have read other places require that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top