Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2021 5:45:16 PM EDT
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone here in the Idaho HF has any info or experiences you’d like to share about the aforementioned hospital, or about life in the county in general? I have a follow up job interview with them next week. In fact, they’re even going to put me up in a hotel and pay for my mileage to and from the area.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks a bunch
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear they finally got electricity this year.  Eastern Idaho has its charms, it's definitely small town living in Soda.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a beautiful part of Idaho. I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hear they finally got electricity this year.  Eastern Idaho has its charms, it's definitely small town living in Soda.
View Quote

Quoted:
That's a beautiful part of Idaho. I'm jealous.
View Quote

Thank you both for replying. I’ve been through a few Idaho small towns, and I must say that I do like them

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:40:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hail from that area.
It's a small hospital in a small ag and mining town (3k in town 6k in the county). I can't say a lot about the hospital; been there a couple times, have no complaints.
The town has most of the shops you need to maintain a household. Some restaurants, fast food, small movie theater, a bar, hotels. If you want a Costco or Walmart you will be driving to Logan or Pocatello.
It's pretty country but high (6k ft). It is very cold in the winter but few days, it any, over 100 in summer.
Almost all jobs there are either ag or mining, or related to it.
Probably the least Mormon town in this part of the world due to people coming from elsewhere to work in mining but still pretty Mormon.
The people usually bend over backward to help me so I am pretty fond of them. I am a major employer of teenagers in the area though so I know most of their kids and maybe thats why they are so nice to me:)
It's not a sexy town, its a blue collar town, there are no 20k sq ft green roofed log homes here, no Lexus SUVs. It looks like what it is, a bit shabby in places.

DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR NEAR THE GEYSER! If the wind blows and that water gets on your car you will be many hours getting it off it you get it off at all.
View Quote

@Eukatae

Thanks for all the info. Much of what you described is what I experienced while I was there. Honestly, I’m not looking for a sexy town or a place with fake homes full of fake people. I rather like the area and the people, and the terrain and scenery are beautiful.

The geyser was really neat, too. And I obeyed the signs and kept my car away from it
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just going to put this here because maybe someone else disagrees or could benefit and I don't want to be unfair to millions of people:

Mormons are pretty good neighbors but not being a Mormon you're not in the club.
I have lived among them my whole life, I know dozens, I do business with them every day. I am friendly with all of them, but I don't think I would count any of them as friends. It's a fine distinction.
They have.....cultural peccadillos. Most are very non confrontational. Don't assume just because they didn't say something they agree or are not upset.
Just the other day my Neighbor GAVE me 8 tons of alfalfa because I needed it. Good neighbors, good people, slightly different culture.
View Quote

Roger that, and much appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top