Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2021 8:36:19 PM EDT
In the market for a new to me pick up truck. Any recommendations on a good dealership the doesn't treat you like shit? Or anyone know of someone who is selling something? Looking for a Tacoma or full-size crew cab. Preferably 4 wheel drive. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Eddy's dealers don't have the best reputation.  I'll never set foot in the Eddy's Dodge dealer again.  That said, I have a long story I could tell, but I won't, and I'll just say that Eddy's Chevrolet has been, in my experience, very good to work with!  I bought a new Silverado 1500 in 2018.  Had a big issue pop up a few days after buying it, and they made it 100% right.  I expected them to tell me to pound sand, but they really made me happy.  The salesman I worked with is Alan Oliver.  Look him up!  PM me if you do and I'll send you my name...I'd get a referral bonus and split it with you, lol.  I've referred a friend to him, and he also bought a truck from Alan and has been happy since.

The other dealer I had a good experience with is Davis-Moore CJDR.  We bought a new Durango from Carl Scheel (sp?) in 2014.  He was great.  As far as I know, he still works there as I'd see him whenever I went in for service.  

I've bought from other dealers in the area, but those are the two that I usually recommend based on my experiences.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I will have to 2nd Eddy's Toyota. I am happy with the car.  We bought a 2010 used Prius for the wife about 7 years ago and it's been a great car. The salesman's name is Sam Tillman, he was super. BUT, after about 6 months, we were getting sales calls from them EVERYDAY wanting us to come in and trade for a new car.  It about drove me nuts.  In some cases it was 2 times in one day.  It wasn't Sam, it was others.  Finally one day I went off on them and told them I was going to sue them for harassment if the didn't stop. The sales people would circle the service waiting room like sharks when we were there for an oil change.  We haven't been back in over 5 years.  We still have the car and it has over 210,000 miles on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah  I went to eddy's toyota Saturday. The salesman was nice but the sales manager was a fucking dick. Walked ot of there after he told me I wasted their time. So Eddie's is out for me. Went to Mel something Ford. Spent 45 min wandering the lot. Had to go in to try to get a salesman to even notice me. Go in and low and behold they're all sitting around sipping tea or something. Finally found a truck and was going over the numbers and was told there was no wiggle room at all in any of their trucks. That was even after I found 30+ of the same truck online 10k cheaper. So I walked on them as well. I remember it being easier buy cars and trucks outright. I was even told by the salesman at the Ford dealer that they make more money selling cars on financing. It takes a special person to sell cars I guess.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eddy's dealers don't have the best reputation.  I'll never set foot in the Eddy's Dodge dealer again.  That said, I have a long story I could tell, but I won't, and I'll just say that Eddy's Chevrolet has been, in my experience, very good to work with!  I bought a new Silverado 1500 in 2018.  Had a big issue pop up a few days after buying it, and they made it 100% right.  I expected them to tell me to pound sand, but they really made me happy.  The salesman I worked with is Alan Oliver.  Look him up!  PM me if you do and I'll send you my name...I'd get a referral bonus and split it with you, lol.  I've referred a friend to him, and he also bought a truck from Alan and has been happy since.

The other dealer I had a good experience with is Davis-Moore CJDR.  We bought a new Durango from Carl Scheel (sp?) in 2014.  He was great.  As far as I know, he still works there as I'd see him whenever I went in for service.  

I've bought from other dealers in the area, but those are the two that I usually recommend based on my experiences.
View Quote

Carl Scheel is THE GUY!   Bought several through him and sent others his way.   Cut him straight with what you’ll pay.  If he can do it, you’ll have your vehicle.  No games.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Carl Scheel is THE GUY!   Bought several through him and sent others his way.   Cut him straight with what you'll pay.  If he can do it, you'll have your vehicle.  No games.
View Quote
Shoot, I think you may have been the guy to recommend me to Carl years back!  Maybe thru KSCCW when it was around?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 3:14:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shoot, I think you may have been the guy to recommend me to Carl years back!  Maybe thru KSCCW when it was around?  
View Quote

Haha. Indeed I was.  If I bought another Chrysler product, I’d call him first.  And I don’t even live in Wichita anymore.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Haha. Indeed I was.  If I bought another Chrysler product, I'd call him first.  And I don't even live in Wichita anymore.
View Quote
Ditto!
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a car at rusty eck ford. It wasn’t too bad.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carl Scheel is THE GUY!   Bought several through him and sent others his way.   Cut him straight with what you'll pay.  If he can do it, you'll have your vehicle.  No games.

Off topic, but since you mentioned it.

Kinda miss KSCCW....was always, entertaining.

And, the Buy/Sell/Trade.
Sold a lot of stuff there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Off topic, but since you mentioned it.

Kinda miss KSCCW....was always, entertaining.

And, the Buy/Sell/Trade.
Sold a lot of stuff there.
View Quote
Agreed.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Robert would have been happy to hand it off ...it's too bad I am not tech savvy :(

That EE was awesome. Would love to bring it back just for that. Made a lot of friends on there.
View Quote

I wish they’d make the current gunflower Facebook page closed.  Then we could just do the BST there on the down low (like the whiskey groups).
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I might actually have to sign up for Bookface ( ??) if that could happen.

Pretty proud that I have abstained from FB this long though.  And IG.  And all other social media..'cept this place.  (And that's not much either)

KSCCW was my only version of FB, I guess.

But yes...if someone put up a BST site for KS only...I "think" it would fly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top