Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 11:03:16 PM EDT
What's for dinner? Jersey Girl Farm Market produce bundle boxes inspire culinary creativity.

Well, that was the title from by Deborah M. Marko of the  Vineland Daily Journal. The Jersey Girl was open carry on the video.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
???
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/whats-for-dinner-jersey-girl-farm-market-produce-bundle-boxes-inspire-culinary-creativity/ar-BB1269BQ

I copied the link. The iPad is not my strongest suit.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Believe it or not, open carry has always been legal in NJ...  as long as the possession itself is legal.

How can she do that?

She's the owner, at her place of business, and therefore, she falls under the exemption in 2C:39-6e:
Nothing in subsections b., c. and d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent a person keeping or carrying about his place of business, residence, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, any firearm
View Quote

Subsequent court decisions have narrowed the definition of "place of business" to mean the owner/proprietor only.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Believe it or not, open carry has always been legal in NJ...  as long as the possession itself is legal.

How can she do that?

She's the owner, at her place of business, and therefore, she falls under the exemption in 2C:39-6e:

Subsequent court decisions have narrowed the definition of "place of business" to mean the owner/proprietor only.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How can she do that?

Nothing in subsections b., c. and d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent a person keeping or carrying about his place of business, residence, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, any firearm

My question would be what is meant by land owned. Does that mean I can carry outside my house on my property as long as I stay confined to my yard or bounds of my property. If that is the case, oh baby, my liberal neighbors would go bonkers.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Max, you know this was a BIG TOPIC on here LONG ago.
View Quote

Getting old, must have missed it or do not remember. This is what happens when you pass 70.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My question would be what is meant by land owned. Does that mean I can carry outside my house on my property as long as I stay confined to my yard or bounds of my property. If that is the case, oh baby, my liberal neighbors would go bonkers.
View Quote

Yes it does.  Anywhere on your property.  I'd also get a body cam, to refute the inevitable liberal asshat claim of, "He threatened to SHOOT me!"
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

link or GTFO

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Getting old, must have missed it or do not remember. This is what happens when you pass 70.

Maxwell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxwell

Forget what the HomeTown Forum Cop says, just keep posting new Threads

Hey Mr. G,
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#13]
It is incredibly easy to get used to that weight being there and totally forget to leave your gun at home when you go out. At least that is what I have been told.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
BTH- I wasn't like chastising Maxwell for asking. I was just pointing out that the topic was discussed in depth long ago. So long ago body cams weren't even a thought. It even could have been when NY/NJ Forum was one Forum.

I remember Tai-Guy, a NY resident, that he carried in his home all the time. I know I was a big proponent of carrying all the time. When you do your body does not throw a discernable "fingerprint" CCW in public IF you had legal rights to. Ankle holsters were an easy tell.

Nuff said.
View Quote

I know you were not Chastising Max, but I got your attention. You and the Lovely Redhead stay ought of harms way and stay healthy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone please try it and get back to me.

Do you old timers remember the Guy who walked around with an empty holster on his hip and what he experienced???
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone please try it and get back to me.

Do you old timers remember the Guy who walked around with an empty holster on his hip and what he experienced???
View Quote

I did it for over a year in my shop before I got my carry permit. I had zero problems with local, county, state and ATF customers and visitors.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I did it for over a year in my shop before I got my carry permit. I had zero problems with local, county, state and ATF customers and visitors.
View Quote

Not talking about it on your personal property. I'm talking about wearing an empty holster in public as in open carry.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not talking about it on your personal property. I'm talking about wearing an empty holster in public as in open carry.
View Quote

My apologies Sir, I misunderstood your comment. I do not recall the guy who wore an empty holster. Was it a protest kind of thing? I can see the general population seeing this and going WTF?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My apologies Sir, I misunderstood your comment. I do not recall the guy who wore an empty holster. Was it a protest kind of thing? I can see the general population seeing this and going WTF?
View Quote

No worries. Yes he wore if for appx. 3 months in protest of NJ not having a CCW. Every time he wore it in public he was harassed. He even kept a daily journal of his experience. If I remember correctly the Police were called when he was in the Supermarket, Walmart, while walking in a park so on and so forth. He finally took if off because it got a a point where he got tired of having the Police called on him and him having to explain his protest every time.

The Cops even told him it could put him in danger while doing so. He got fed up with the Cops and all the Sheep so he finally took it off. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No worries. Yes he wore if for appx. 3 months in protest of NJ not having a CCW. Every time he wore it in public he was harassed. He even kept a daily journal of his experience. If I remember correctly the Police were called when he was in the Supermarket, Walmart, while walking in a park so on and so forth. He finally took if off because it got a a point where he got tired of having the Police called on him and him having to explain his protest every time.

The Cops even told him it could put him in danger while doing so. He got fed up with the Cops and all the Sheep so he finally took it off. Lesson learned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's crazy how much of a different world NJ really is. A few weeks ago I saw a guy open carrying a M&P in the supermarket out here, nobody seemed to care. Just last week I was picking up a pizza from a local place and the guy behind the counter had a gen 3 G19 on his hip.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, you can open carry in NJ......but only once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top