Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2019 1:17:20 AM EDT
Can I take a fixed blade knife bought in Germany through Paris then through London? It will be in my luggage while travelling via train. I fly out back to America from London.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be OK. Carrying it in public is the problem here but if it is in the bag and you're not brandishing it about (or in pocket and close to hand) I doubt it'll be an issue.
When travelling by plane put it in the checked luggage though.

If you have doubts wrap it up and post it back.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're traveling on the Eurostar from Paris to London, your knife will be confiscated (ask me how I know). On two occasions I have bought knives in Paris, and had to mail them home. Mailing them is easy. You can get a priority mail box from the post office and mail your knife home for about $15. Both times that I did that, the knife got home before I did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Never travelled Eurostar so I cannot comment on that but going be ferry I've done many times and it's OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top