Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2020 5:55:45 PM EDT
Columbia Mayor MacCheese continually ignores the State AG on in issues such as "home rule gun control" (in violation of state preemption law) and now the 14-day "stay at home ordinance".

If MacCheese Benjamin keeps going off in his own direction can Governor McMaster legally remove him from office?

Discuss.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I caught part of him talking after listening to McMaster's news conference- I've said all along that idiot is trying to position himself to run for higher office.  Maybe car-ma, I mean karma, will catch up with him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There have been instances where former governors of our state have removed elected public officials from office and/or disbanded county/city/township councils but it usually involves something really shady like missing or misuse of public funds/fraud/malfeasance/gross incompetence.

Unfortunately Mayor MacCheese's antics have not yet risen to the level needed. Of course if the Columbia Police Department had done their job the night he was elected we wouldn't have that shit stain in office now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There have been instances where former governors of our state have removed elected public officials from office and/or disbanded county/city/township councils but it usually involves something really shady like missing or misuse of public funds/fraud/malfeasance/gross incompetence.

Unfortunately Mayor MacCheese's antics have not yet risen to the level needed. Of course if the Columbia Police Department had done their job the night he was elected we wouldn't have that shit stain in office now.
View Quote

Yep, but the people in that city mostly didn't/don't care.  There should have been more investigation into the north Columbia dealings and the old state hospital property as well but that whole place is corrupt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He should have been removed for being involved in the SC State U mess.
View Quote

He shouldn't have ever taken office after his election night shenanigans.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]
"Columbia stay-at-home ordinance to go into effect Sunday, despite warning from attorney general"?

Have SLED arrest him and detain the rest of city council.  Only the State of SC has emergency power authority.  Time for this two-tier justice system b.s. to stop.

ETA:  looks like AG Wilson says it's up to a court to stop this nonsense.  Although, looks like McCheese added gun stores to nail salons and gyms as non-essential.  A report to the Firearms Policy Coalition Hotline might get something rolling.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I think by enacting the guard today.....he just pretty much said bend the knee. ???????
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Realtors and real estate offices are on the list as "essential".  
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Realtors and real estate offices are on the list as "essential".  
View Quote

As an appraiser, I fit on that list as well, but I have been turning down work the last two weeks so that I don’t get unknowingly exposed and bring it home to my family or parents.

It may be a while before I have regular work
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top