Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2019 8:37:49 PM EDT
Hey guys.  Been a long time since I've been here.  I hope all of you are well!

Question: I'm planning a short camping trip in the Mt. Hood National Forest.  Will drive down Hwy 224 past Estacada until I find a good spot.

MANY years ago I used to turn into Fish Creek, and keep driving up the logging road until I found a good spot.  But I vaguely recall hearing that that logging road is now closed, washed out, or something of that nature.  So...

Does anyone have any knowledge of either this spot, or other locations somewhat close by that might make for a good camping set-up?  I don't want to stay in an actual campground.  Would ideally like to find a somewhat secluded spot by the river or one of the many creeks that run into the Clackamas.  Don't want to steal anyone's "secret" camping spot, but would appreciate if any of you have advice or tips for this locale!

Cheers,
Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top