Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2021 9:37:20 AM EDT
Trying to plan a trip to the area soon.  Want to stay at a un-crowded campground that at least has running water and preferbly hot showers.
Anyone know what the status of campgrounds in the area in general are?  Covid closures etc?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
spend your money in a free state that doesn't hate you.

i hear UT is nice.

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I haven't been paying attention to CO, but haven't been up in that area for a long time.  Has it gone full hippy ?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Campgrounds are open.  Mancos State Park might be a nice option.  There is also a campground on the N end of Durango which was really nice years ago - camp in a grass field, and the train comes right through the campground (steam train).

It's not full hippy.  Durango is great (if you don't mind a lot of Texans!  ).  Downtown has quite a bit of homeless wandering around, but nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Campgrounds are open.

I would stay away from Mancos State Park. Nazi park ticket taker bytch.

Haviland Lake north of Durango about 15ish miles off Hwy 550 is beautiful ....and cool in Summer. Turn right at Rapp Corral. Don't know about trailer length restrictions.

If you want max elevation the city of Silverton runs a campground just over Molas Pass at Molas Lake.
They have spots around the shore of the lake.

No fires. Poor snowpack this year and everything is DRY right now and you don't want to be the one who starts a catastrophic wildfire.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top