Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2021 6:14:04 PM EDT
I called the Governors Parson's Office: (573) 751-3222 option 2.  **Update 5/25 1:18pm - Phone does to dead air...I've called Jered Taylor office and they will let them know**.

Not sure who the young man was that picked up, but I asked to leave a note for the Governor to please sign HB85....he knew it was the second amendment bill , but said the didn't hear from the Governor about his stance on it.

I believe it will be sent over to his office on 5/25 (from talking to another office).  He will have 45 days to sign it or reject it or do nothing and the bill will go into effect.  

https://governor.mo.gov/priorities/governor-parsons-stance-second-amendment
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Will call first thing tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and i just got through calling the Governor's office.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice....I hope everything that has read this thread has called....lol.  We have time, so I'll call again Friday and then next week again.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent an email the other day. Still need to call though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
He cant sign it until he has it... he wont have it before the 25th.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He cant sign it until he has it... he wont have it before the 25th.
View Quote

You don't need to wait until the day he has it to call...It's better if he keeps getting messages from people...like 100 people called today about HB85 wanting it signed.....fuck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw on Youtube last night, 5-19, 'Guns & Gadgets' ran a complete story on our SAPA legislation. He also showed a pic of Governor Parsons with his capitol phone number on the screen and urged everyone to call...added to help for our worthy cause!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
They always forget the link...

Missouri Second Amendment Preservation Act Will Fine State Local Police

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They always forget the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq0mqixzy-M
View Quote

Thank you 67Firebird!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump for reminder!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bump for reminder!
View Quote

Phone went to dead air...see OP ...I've already contacted them to get it fixed.

Also, Jared sent info back to the Governor...that if he wanted to Travel and sign this...to do so here.  Was also told that Jared stated he see's no issue that the Governor will not sign it.  Still...go ahead and call.

Sound of Freedom -- Address: 4800 N Towne Centre Dr, Ozark, MO 65721, United States
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Missouri SAPA Press Conference - Senator Burlison & Representative Taylor in Ozark, Missouri
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Has HB85 made it to the Governor's desk yet?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has HB85 made it to the Governor's desk yet?
View Quote

Rumour I heard was they were perhaps trying to plan a signing ceremony.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has HB8c5 made it to the Governor's desk yet?
View Quote
Yes. It was delivered on the 25th.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes. It was delivered on the 25th.
View Quote

Thank you guys for the update!
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Please keep those cards and letters -- and phone calls and emails -- coming. Thanks.

www.gunowners.org/mo05172021/
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#19]
SAPA... good chance he'll sign. Do you trust a politician? Okay you can stop laughing now...

7:00 ish if you want to skip forward...

https://www.audacy.com/971talk/news/local/gov-parson-not-expecting-to-call-a-special-session-on-crime

Oh and as Mona said... "Please keep those cards and letters -- and phone calls and emails -- coming"

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Just called Governor Parsons office this morning concerning the SAPA bill. I asked the young man who answered the phone if Governor Parsons is going to sign the SAPA bill or not. He said they are not commenting to that question...BUT...there will be an announcement coming very soon.

This answer makes me very nervous. What do the rest of you think and has anyone heard anything else concerning the thumbs up or down from Governor Parsons?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Remember that Parson is a ex sheriff and the MSA is anti second amendment regardless of what they claim.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Remember that Parson is a ex sheriff and the MSA is anti second amendment regardless of what they claim.
View Quote

^^^ This. I've exactly 0% confidence that he'll sign it. Probably the only reason the senate & house passed it, the top brass knows Parson won't.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

^^^ This. I've exactly 0% confidence that he'll sign it. Probably the only reason the senate & house passed it, the top brass knows Parson won't.

View Quote

I hope you're wrong. Even the Illinois Sheriffs backed all the pro-second amendment legislation that ever saw light. Never expected that here.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a note from Ed Lewis of the Missouri House that says,"Governor Parson will be signing HB 85-Second Amendment Preservation Act on Saturday during a ceremony at Frontier Justice in Lee's Summit." I am a bit surprised to be the first with the news. Can anybody confirm?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a note from Ed Lewis of the Missouri House that says,"Governor Parson will be signing HB 85-Second Amendment Preservation Act on Saturday during a ceremony at Frontier Justice in Lee's Summit." I am a bit surprised to be the first with the news. Can anybody confirm?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep

Good news, for a change, out of Jefferson City!

Governor Mike Parson issued a media advisory this afternoon announcing that he will be signing HB 85, the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA) on Saturday, June 12 at 2:00 pm in Lee's Summit, MO.

The signing will be open to the public, but since it will be indoors, space will be limited.

Here's the location:

Frontier Justice
800 NE Jones Industrial Park
Lee's Summit, MO 64064

Parson also announced that he will be streaming the signing live on his Facebook page.

Because HB 85 has an emergency clause, it will take effect immediately upon signing. (Here's the final verson of HB 85.)

Look for another email from me about what changes with the enactment of SAPA. The most important thing to understand, though, is that this bill ONLY prevents Missouri officials from enforcing or assisting with the enforcement of federal gun control laws against law-abiding Missourians.  It does not prevent federal authorities from enforcing federal laws on their own.

SAPA is designed to prevent wholesale federal gun control, like an "assault weapon" confiscation, since such an effort would require cooperation from local officials.

This is a landmark event.  Although other states have recently passed their versions of SAPA, they have all been watered down with limited application or a lack of accountability to violators.  After Saturday, Missouri will have the strongest SAPA in the country, what the Tenth Amendment Center calls the "gold standard" of SAPA laws.

Sponsors Rep. Jered Tayor and Sen. Eric Burlison deserve a lot of credit for holding the line and keeping MO SAPA strong. Drop them a thank you email.

Thank YOU for all the witness forms, emails, phone calls and trips to the Capitol!  Together, we are making a difference!

In liberty,

- Ron
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep

View Quote

Yea...great news!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#28]
"Parson will sign the bill at a shooting range in the Kansas City suburb of Lee’s Summit, reports said."

MO GOV To Sign Bill Nullifying FED Gun Restrictions

Hot Damn!

Me and my shootin' Buddy in The Bootheel will toast that!
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#29]
That is great news! I look forward to that being on the books.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Parson will sign the bill at a shooting range in the Kansas City suburb of Lee’s Summit, reports said."

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2019/05/16/Mike-Parson-1200x800.jpg
MO GOV To Sign Bill Nullifying FED Gun Restrictions

Hot Damn!

Me and my shootin' Buddy in The Bootheel will toast that!
View Quote

Great pic! I see Senator Josh Hawley just to the left and behind Governor Parsons.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Is that also Senator Hawley, behind and to the left of Parson? Shit, beat by 2 hours. Didn't read all the posts before posting.

I heard Vicky Hartzler was also gonna be there for the signing. She's in my district. Good person and very 2nd Am. Didn't see her in pic and I know she's a photo op fan.

Brings more of my faith back to Missouri's government in helping gun owners and saving the 2nd Am.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Unless I'm missing something here, isn't this pretty much just a feel-good law and and offers zero protection for that inevitable first person that decides to drill that third hole? Give it some teeth and include an amendment stating that any federal agents trying to enforce federal firearm restrictions in MO are subject to arrest and prosecution.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Unless I'm missing something here, isn't this pretty much just a feel-good law and and offers zero protection for that inevitable first person that decides to drill that third hole? Give it some teeth and include an amendment stating that any federal agents trying to enforce federal firearm restrictions in MO are subject to arrest and prosecution.
View Quote

I agree...but maybe one step at a time?...just saying.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Politics is a lot of posturing and sending of signals.

Maybe this is just us pissing on their leg to show dominance.  

Better than nothing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Better than nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than nothing.

Pretty much...

It's still illegal in the State of Missouri to have unregistered NFA items, the local LEOs are now bound against helping the feds but they can still arrest you for violating state law. The first time that happens with someone that can afford a decent lawyer MO's prohibited weapons statues will get changed one way or the other but until then you are very much still on the hook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top