Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2022 8:01:29 PM EDT
So I made the final move to Cheyenne about 3 months, completely leaving liberal San Antonio behind. Texas was good, just not the place for me. I like the cold and mountains. I can deal with a dry heat, but humidity can suck a dick as far as I’m concerned.

Our property is about 10 miles southeast of Cheyenne down Campstool Rd south of I-80. 35 acres of nothing right now and every neighbor we’ve met has been wonderful. Sheep rancher across the road and a small horse ranch on the property behind. Nothing but freedom loving Americans around for miles. Sounds perfect!

I guess while I was gone, the new neighbor on the road behind ours moved in and today came over to “introduce” himself. Started talking about covenants and HOA bullshit since that’s how it was where he lived in Los Angeles. He was angry because he found a bullet hole in his new house (I’d be pissed too, but I have the magic ability to “read the room” and he doesn’t.) Now shooting isn’t “allowed” on our properties, but several families have small berms, mostly for sighting in hunting rifles, such is the case with the 3 I can see from my garage door, but this weekend some dipshit down the road allowed his father to do several mag dumps and Mr Cali decided to go to every house on both our roads and discuss HOA bullshit. Mr Cali definitely came off as a liberal, addressed us by our first names (without proper introductions being made first), and all but demanding to know what we had, if we’d help with a HOA, and all kinds of bullshit. I politely nodded but didn’t give him any info on us and let him speak his mind.

I’m mostly venting and will not be changing my ways at all for him, but it does suck knowing that a fucking liberal from Cali moved right behind me and is already trying to change Wyoming. I didn’t want a neighborhood enemy, but I supposed everyone needs one. I was going to ask him if it was possible to cross his land if I decided to walk to the mailbox instead of driving or walking along the main road, but I’ll just take the longer route thru the other neighbor’s property.

Anyway, regardless of this Cali fuckstick trying to screw everything up, I absolutely love Wyoming! Best decision ever was moving here and (for the most part) being surrounded by likeminded folks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't start work for another week,  I can swing by and tell him to go fuck himself...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been an invasion for years now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I swear I didn’t bring them with me! PLEASE LET ME STAY!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't have texas plates still correct?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only on the truck since that has the furthest exp date, but that ends next month. Everything else is Wyoming.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Only on the truck since that has the furthest exp date, but that ends next month. Everything else is Wyoming.
View Quote

You gotta change that shit sooner. Unless the truck has an oil company logo, having texas plates is as bad as cali ones. The Californian wont be held at bay unless he sees your Wyoming plates and knows you will push his shit in...
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Wait till little mister Cali goes to register his vehicle.  Lulz.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wait till little mister Cali goes to register his vehicle.  Lulz.
View Quote

The first time I was like, ok, not super bad. The 2nd time, I was like
0$
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I think my first time was 600ish
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

2020 Tacoma.  TSS off road.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck. I’ve got a 2021 Tundra TRD 4x4.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Are North Dakota plates bad?  

I like it here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Last week it was $360 just to title an old $6k Razr. Gotta pay-to-play. Probably should have plated it....
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Wyoming HOA's were imported from CO. I do everything I can to disband them (which can be done)!! Don't let the communist become a cancer, raise a Gadsden flag asap!! Maybe he'll move out by the end of winter.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Home Owners Associations (HOA) and the restrictive covenants they bring are absolutely a pain, but what's more they are a way to shift a culture away from independence to collectivism and you have to avoid collectivism at all costs.

Wyoming is one of the States I'm considering relocating to now that my home State of Michigan has gone blue (my fellow citizens decided to elect a majority Democrat legislature after 40 years of Republican control).  Relocating my family is going to be a difficult ordeal and I'd hate to do so only to end up in a State that ends up going blue like Colorado thanks to all the Californians taking flight from the Hell they created only to recreate it.

I wonder if that California guy could be reasoned with?  He left California for a reason, right?  He may be so indoctrinated with collectivism that he doesn't even realize that what he is doing is a move toward collectivism or how collectivism is a way that shifts culture eventually into what he left in California.   When people are fiercely independent it's not because they're jerks, but because even taking a step down the collectivist path is just something they've seen lead to further steps and ultimately misery.  Flying the Gadsen isn't a sign that a person doesn't want to be a good neighbor or even accommodating, but it is a sign that they're not down for collectivism where legal force (i.e. force of the State) is used to make people conform.   HOAs are just that, essentially contracts that are enforceable by law and i.e. enforceable by the threat of force by the State.  HOA enforce things ultimately through the Courts and the Courts enforce things through threat of physical violence (i.e. the police showing up to make you do something or arrest you ultimately).    

I assume Wyoming has laws regarding the quite use and enjoyment of property.  I assume Wyoming has laws regarding the discharge of a firearm within a certain distance from a home.  I assume that most folks in Wyoming can be reasoned with to change the direction they take target practice in or build a bigger berm, but I'm guessing in the instance of jerk or just dumb reckless neighbors there are legal avenues available in Wyoming that would resolve things without having to do some Soviet style HOA solution.  In short, he has an individual issue that can be resolved through existing means.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wyoming HOA's were imported from CO. I do everything I can to disband them (which can be done)!! Don't let the communist become a cancer, raise a Gadsden flag asap!! Maybe he'll move out by the end of winter.
View Quote

High five!  While they can be good around 1% off the time, I’ve typically found them to represent some of the worst in humanity. Get rid of them!
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Home Owners Associations (HOA) and the restrictive covenants they bring are absolutely a pain, but what's more they are a way to shift a culture away from independence to collectivism and you have to avoid collectivism at all costs.

Wyoming is one of the States I'm considering relocating to now that my home State of Michigan has gone blue (my fellow citizens decided to elect a majority Democrat legislature after 40 years of Republican control).  Relocating my family is going to be a difficult ordeal and I'd hate to do so only to end up in a State that ends up going blue like Colorado thanks to all the Californians taking flight from the Hell they created only to recreate it.

I wonder if that California guy could be reasoned with?  He left California for a reason, right?  He may be so indoctrinated with collectivism that he doesn't even realize that what he is doing is a move toward collectivism or how collectivism is a way that shifts culture eventually into what he left in California.   When people are fiercely independent it's not because they're jerks, but because even taking a step down the collectivist path is just something they've seen lead to further steps and ultimately misery.  Flying the Gadsen isn't a sign that a person doesn't want to be a good neighbor or even accommodating, but it is a sign that they're not down for collectivism where legal force (i.e. force of the State) is used to make people conform.   HOAs are just that, essentially contracts that are enforceable by law and i.e. enforceable by the threat of force by the State.  HOA enforce things ultimately through the Courts and the Courts enforce things through threat of physical violence (i.e. the police showing up to make you do something or arrest you ultimately).    

I assume Wyoming has laws regarding the quite use and enjoyment of property.  I assume Wyoming has laws regarding the discharge of a firearm within a certain distance from a home.  I assume that most folks in Wyoming can be reasoned with to change the direction they take target practice in or build a bigger berm, but I'm guessing in the instance of jerk or just dumb reckless neighbors there are legal avenues available in Wyoming that would resolve things without having to do some Soviet style HOA solution.  In short, he has an individual issue that can be resolved through existing means.  

View Quote

We have quite a few Michiganders around where I live
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most any idea imported from CO is a step in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Most any idea imported from CO is a step in the wrong direction.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We have quite a few Michiganders around where I live
View Quote

You might be getting a few more.  Michigan is going to be another New York the way it is going.  A home sold near us for 2X what it should have.  NY plates on the cars.  Probably liberal missionaries, not conservative refugees.  

Is there a state level Wyoming gun rights group?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So I made the final move to Cheyenne about 3 months, completely leaving liberal San Antonio behind. Texas was good, just not the place for me. I like the cold and mountains. I can deal with a dry heat, but humidity can suck a dick as far as I’m concerned.

Our property is about 10 miles southeast of Cheyenne down Campstool Rd south of I-80. 35 acres of nothing right now and every neighbor we’ve met has been wonderful. Sheep rancher across the road and a small horse ranch on the property behind. Nothing but freedom loving Americans around for miles. Sounds perfect!

I guess while I was gone, the new neighbor on the road behind ours moved in and today came over to “introduce” himself. Started talking about covenants and HOA bullshit since that’s how it was where he lived in Los Angeles. He was angry because he found a bullet hole in his new house (I’d be pissed too, but I have the magic ability to “read the room” and he doesn’t.) Now shooting isn’t “allowed” on our properties, but several families have small berms, mostly for sighting in hunting rifles, such is the case with the 3 I can see from my garage door, but this weekend some dipshit down the road allowed his father to do several mag dumps and Mr Cali decided to go to every house on both our roads and discuss HOA bullshit. Mr Cali definitely came off as a liberal, addressed us by our first names (without proper introductions being made first), and all but demanding to know what we had, if we’d help with a HOA, and all kinds of bullshit. I politely nodded but didn’t give him any info on us and let him speak his mind.

I’m mostly venting and will not be changing my ways at all for him, but it does suck knowing that a fucking liberal from Cali moved right behind me and is already trying to change Wyoming. I didn’t want a neighborhood enemy, but I supposed everyone needs one. I was going to ask him if it was possible to cross his land if I decided to walk to the mailbox instead of driving or walking along the main road, but I’ll just take the longer route thru the other neighbor’s property.

Anyway, regardless of this Cali fuckstick trying to screw everything up, I absolutely love Wyoming! Best decision ever was moving here and (for the most part) being surrounded by likeminded folks.
View Quote

Just wanted to give an update.

Turns out the 2 properties behind us are owned by the Cali Lib because he’s a realtor. Both houses are still empty to this day. Our neighbor’s daughter works for our developer and he knows all about the guy and said there’s now way he’ll get his way.

So it appears alls well that ends well. That being said…

There are 2 35-ish acre lots with brand new houses on the road before mine, just begging to be bought by some arfcommers so we can start building “things” for “reasons”!
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just wanted to give an update.

Turns out the 2 properties behind us are owned by the Cali Lib because he’s a realtor. Both houses are still empty to this day. Our neighbor’s daughter works for our developer and he knows all about the guy and said there’s now way he’ll get his way.

So it appears alls well that ends well. That being said…

There are 2 35-ish acre lots with brand new houses on the road before mine, just begging to be bought by some arfcommers so we can start building “things” for “reasons”!
View Quote

Tempting. Oh wait, I need money for that lol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy crap!

Is there any kinda break for older vehicles? I've got an 89 Suburban and a 99 tahoe, both together cost me less than 2 grand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top