Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2020 3:07:07 AM EDT
So I admit I haven’t been out much lately, but I happened to be in Cabelas today.  

I was surprised to see their stock of guns and ammo around 20-30% of normal. One of the sales people said it’s been this way since March. I even perused their gunpowder which was almost nonexistent.

So, I’m curious is it like this all over?  I kinda wanted to pick up a box of 9mm. Is there a run on?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:10:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been there in a while because the last time I went last month, nothing I wanted was in stock but they had case after case of "plinking" 10mm sitting around. Was that still there? I kind of wondered if that's their normal stock for tourist hunters coming up but with CoVID having shut things down, they had excess.

I don't get out much but on the IG the local stores seem to have stuff coming in.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They seemed to have plenty .40 cal, 10mm and that sort of thing. A little 45acp but not much.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Bummer. There is a run on and has been but I was hoping it evened out. I have plenty of ammo stocked up but I wanted to get more to take some more classes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Was in sportsmans in Fairbanks last weekend. No 9mm. No 5.56. No .45. No .22. Didn’t even have any 30-30.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed over the past few months that all major stores are seriously running low. I usually keep my eyes on Alaska Ammo as they have live inventories on their website. I'll make the trip when I see they have something I'm after. It keeps the guess work and long unsuccessful drives to a minimum.  

Link kept cold.

https://www.alaskaammogroup.com/
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, fortunately I have a pretty good supply. And reloading components.

But I do have a binary trigger on my 9mm and was hoping to pick up a few more boxes. Since I know it will burn thru my (small) pile...
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, fortunately I have a pretty good supply. And reloading components.

But I do have a binary trigger on my 9mm and was hoping to pick up a few more boxes. Since I know it will burn thru my (small) pile...
View Quote

Try Northern Security , they had a few cases of 9mm sitting on the floor yesterday
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Not sure if you noticed, but we're in the middle of an election season, civil unrest, and pandemic. If you thought guns and ammo were gonna be in stock like it was 2016, you must've lived under a rock. It's been this way - for the most part - for the past four months.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've noticed over the past few months that all major stores are seriously running low. I usually keep my eyes on Alaska Ammo as they have live inventories on their website. I'll make the trip when I see they have something I'm after. It keeps the guess work and long unsuccessful drives to a minimum.  

Link kept cold.

View Quote

This. I’m in that shop more often than I should be
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link kept cold.

View Quote
I was in Alaska Ammo just last week they had pinker 10mm listed as in stock on their website and there was non in the store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top