Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2023 8:12:40 PM EDT
Keeping a classic alive as we "share" the passing of others

So many I'm anxious to read about, who will be first?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Henry Kissinger dead at 100
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FirefighterCT:
Henry Kissinger dead at 100
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:35:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#4]
View Quote

Don't get your hopes up. He'll find some other way to implement it. Getting rid of gas/diesel powered; vehicles, lawn equipment, stoves, heating appliances, and generators has become the Democrats next form of "common sense" legislation, much like gun control has been for the last 30+ years. They'll never stop trying to ban the new sales of them. Its become a "social cause", a "woke religion" for them.

Edit: More commentary on Kissinger death...
Henry Kissinger DEAD At 100, Timcast Crew Reacts To Shocking News

War-Mad Henry Kissinger is Dead at 100
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to create this thread, just waiting for that turd carter to die. You beat me to it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Happy it's gone for now.  I was planning to buy one last gasoline car by December 31st 2034 if unable to get out of CT by then.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ctgunner:

Happy it's gone for now.  I was planning to buy one last gasoline car by December 31st 2034 if unable to get out of CT by then.
View Quote

You are assuming the car manufacturers will still be selling them by then. EPA CAFE ratings are going to push manufacturers to increase EV and Hybrid vehicle sales to get that number up. Because of the cost of EVs expect any internal combustion car to rise in cost.

There will be a rise in used vehicle values too for a while. I expect there will be a lot of businesses that will refurbish ICE vehicles and add some modern touches to them.

You are also assuming you will still be able to buy gasoline or diesel. Much like they are doing with ammunition they will go after gasoline and diesel sellers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#8]
That left wing Marxist pos Norman Lear is dead.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you remember when the government banned incandescent bulbs and was trying to force compact fluorescent down our throats? Look what happened, those mercury laden bulbs are gone replaced by LED.  I look at EV's as the equivalent of the compact fluorescent bulb. Something better will come along!

The only way EV's become viable is with a quantum leap in battery technology, grid and generation improvements.

Wait until EV owners see how the really cold weather effects range! Estimates are around 40% reduction running the heater full blast. Another little known fact is the battery using battery while the EV sits unused. EV's have thermal management systems that help mitigate the effect of the cold by heating the battery in cold weather. If you fill the tank of an internal combustion engine vehicle and let it sit in the winter you still have a full tank. Not the same as the charge in an EV.  In cold environments there will be plenty of energy pissed into the wind!
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Not the final demise I'd rather be celebrating but still a GOOD RIDDANCE!

UPenn President Liz Magill has RESIGNED as President of Univeristy of Pennsylvania.

Woke piece of shit, now unemployed

Link Posted: 12/10/2023 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Blaster3094:
Do you remember when the government banned incandescent bulbs and was trying to force compact fluorescent down our throats? Look what happened, those mercury laden bulbs are gone replaced by LED.  I look at EV's as the equivalent of the compact fluorescent bulb. Something better will come along!

The only way EV's become viable is with a quantum leap in battery technology, grid and generation improvements.

Wait until EV owners see how the really cold weather effects range! Estimates are around 40% reduction running the heater full blast. Another little known fact is the battery using battery while the EV sits unused. EV's have thermal management systems that help mitigate the effect of the cold by heating the battery in cold weather. If you fill the tank of an internal combustion engine vehicle and let it sit in the winter you still have a full tank. Not the same as the charge in an EV.  In cold environments there will be plenty of energy pissed into the wind!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Good riddance Joe Lieberman

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-lieberman-former-connecticut-senator-2000-vice-presidential-nominee-dead-82

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Good riddance to a pos. Do you hate obozo care? You can thank this asshole. When it was on the floor of the senate ONE vote would have killed it and this pos was the final vote. He voted to advance it on to the house. He could have stopped obozo care but his vote allowed it to move on and eventually become law.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:27:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#15]
Originally Posted By group8:
View Quote

Met him a couple of times over the years. Nice enough guy in person, but didn't like his politics especially on the 2nd Amendment, or voting record. Did get a chuckle when he ran as an Independent from 2006 2013 to keep his seat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By group8:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-lieberman-former-connecticut-senator-2000-vice-presidential-nominee-dead-82

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#17]
When Leiberman got elected to the Senate many on the right voted for him because of the ass-wipe RINO Lowell Weicker. Then Weicker comes back to bite us in the ass as governor and gives us an income tax.

I don't recall "Leiberman the thoughtful moderate" speaking out against the lunacy of the current democrat party. Therefore good riddance, you sir were useless!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:

Met him a couple of times over the years. Nice enough guy in person, but didn't like his politics especially on the 2nd Amendment, or voting record. Did get a chuckle when he ran as an Independent from 2006 2013 to keep his seat.
View Quote

Back in 2013 I met with my local congressman Joe Courtney about pending anti-gun legislation.  It was the first time in my life I met a politician.  My impression was that he was a nice guy and would genuinely support our 2A rights.  Holy shit was I wrong!  Joe Courtney is VILE, LYING, PIECE OF SHIT.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#19]
If the glove don't fit you're a lying, murderous piece of shit.  Good riddance motherfucker!

https://nypost.com/2024/04/11/us-news/oj-simpson-dead-at-76/

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah! One less pos wasting O2. Buffalo should hold a parade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top