Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 10:12:09 AM EDT
Hi everyone, me again.  I used to shoot NRA high power rifle (200 yd slow fire) and would be looking to build a CT compliant rifle on a AR platform. I have a few virgin stripped Anderson lowers and a few builds planned.

First, are the Anderson AM-15 lowers legal in CT? Didn't see them on any list, but then when CT says AR-15 duplicate?

My thoughts were to build a fixed magazine rifle and install a single shot follower since it's one round at a time anyways with NRA high power slow fire (atleast when I did it last actually at Blue Trails Range years ago).

Is it legal to convert a lower to fixed magazine by using the permanent magazine lock kit from Cross Armory and using a 10rd Pmag or similar? or do I need to buy a fixed mag lower like from DSI?  

It is my understanding that as long as it has a fixed magazine with capacity of 10 or less that this is doable and I can still retain the A2 pistol grip? The build would have a standard A2 stock, 20" match barrel with target crown (so no FH or Bayonet lug).

Sorry if I am over thinking this, I think I'm on the right track, just want to get it right the first time.

Thanks again for your help!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Comgraf makes a fixed mag CT legal rifle reciver
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It has to be said again... Don't move to CT!!!

With that out of the way. Just save yourself the hassle and trouble of trying to make a CT compliant AR-15 rifle by buying a non banned by name preban AR-15 rifle. A preban rifle is a rifle manufactured prior to 9/13/94 and which is not on the banned by name list of the first AWB. There are various CT legal preban AR-15 rifles that can be had, they come up for sale from time to time both in ARFCOM's EE and on other gun forums like CT's guntalk.club.

If one really wants to make a fixed magazine AR or a pump action AR there are fixed magazine lowers from Comgraf and a pump action kit from Comgraf that are being sold in CT. See https://www.ctlegalars.com/ There may be one or two other companies that sell similar fixed magazine lowers in CT but I cannot remember their names off hand.

Keep in mind that what is legal in California or New York may not be legal in CT. This includes using fixed magazine kits, fuggly stocks and other items to try and make a CT legal AR-15. SLFU/DESPP typically does not offer opinions on what parts can be used to make a CT legal firearm. The main problem one faces is the copy and duplicates language for post 9/13/94 manufactured AR-15 semiautomatic centerfire detachable magazine rifles. Generally said rifle would be a copy or duplicate if it meets all three of the following requirements:

Physical Appearance: Does the "action" of the firearm look like that of a firearm specifically named in C.G.S. §§53-202a(1)(B), 53-202a(1)(C) or 53-202a(1)(D)?
Functionality: Does the "action" of the firearm work like that of a firearm specifically named in C.G.S. §§53-202a(1)(B), 53-202a(1)(C) or 53-202a(1)(D)?
Interchangeable Parts: Are the major components of the "action" (i.e., the bolt, the operating rod, the trigger and/or the sear) in its stock configuration interchangeable with that of a firearm specifically named in C.G.S. §§53-202a(1 )(B), 53-202a(1)(C) or 53-202a(1)(D)?

Comgraf LLC supposedly went round and round with the state on their parts/kits. Their fixed magazine lower was machined in such a way, and lacks certain parts parts, that prevent the use of a detachable magazine.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot at the NRA "games" a few times a few years ago and they provided the M16 for us at the line.  Is this still the case?  The Army simply installed a piece that made the rifle a semi-auto for all practical purposes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top