Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2018 6:10:39 PM EDT
Skip to the 2:12 hr mark.

Holy shit and wow. Warning it' a long  one, but worth it.

The appellate is a total bonafide nut. Wait until he speaks. Wow, just wow.

I went from Oh my, to outright laughter to

http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/ctnplayer.asp?odID=15586
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
So much for people who say romance starts in the frozen food section.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The case starting at 4:45 was interesting to me.  No evidence against the guy, but Danbury PD denied him anyway and sounded quite arrogant to me.  Then entire board voted against Danbury PD.

What is Danbury PD like with respect to 2A?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The case starting at 4:45 was interesting to me.  No evidence against the guy, but Danbury PD denied him anyway and sounded quite arrogant to me.  Then entire board voted against Danbury PD.

View Quote
Attorney Sherman squashed the evidence trying to be presented though.

Neighbors called police cause he was throwing garbage bags down the driveway. No arrest,  just an inquiry,  but the Danbury police find him unsuitable. Incredible!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
OMG it's Soo long. When does the appslant speakem?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The case actually sounded like it was going in his direction until he started talking.  He actual brought up a case that was erased!  He has crazy eyes too!  He buried himself.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd say Danbury PD was looking for any reason to deny the guy based on what they tried to present. I got the strong feeling the police chief on the board was also looking/fishing for a reason to deny based on his reply after questioning the appellant. But didn't because there wasn't enough other "evidence" presented.

Felt bad for Rachael Baird though having to try and argue the case with that client. Seemed to be going fairly well until the client opened his mouth.

On a side note it is depressing that we have a "suitability" clause in the first place since it is so easily used to deny someone on just about any grounds as some of the cases show. It gives the power to the state to control/suppress something that isn't supposed to be infringed in the first place. However there will be those who watch the BFPE hearings and will say its a good thing the board denied the appellant.

On another side note I do wonder if the anti rights politicians will meddle even more with the language for obtaining a carry permit to make it even harder to obtain one. Like going down the road of NYC, Cali, NJ and other places so as to make it next to impossible to obtain one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OMG it's Soo long. When does the appslant speakem?
View Quote
At the 3hr 12min mark
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
You know why people drive next to him and stare at him? Becuse he drives the minimum speed limit while hes filming on a tripod with a towel on his head in a car with placards on the windows.....

That sounds like entertainment to me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Did they take the recording down? Can't get to the video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top