Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:22:05 AM EDT
So my CPL is set to expire in a few months and I have yet to get my letter with my Pin Number.
Has anyone dealt this this issue before? I have sent an email to the MSP this morning as I can not
get a hold of anyone at my county office.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There should be a link on MSP somewhere where you can request a new pin.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the PIN a new thing?  I don't remember having or needing one before.  What is it for?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a Pin last September
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I called the county clerk and they gave me the pin over the phone.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the pin for?  I just went to the clerk, filled out the form, paid my moneys, and was sent my new CPL in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
So and Update in case this happens to someone else.

I emailed the Michigan State police at [email protected] on Friday and on Tuesday they emailed me
back wanting a phone number and times to call. They called back today after 2pm and gave them the info they
requested of me and they gave me the pin number (15 characters long).

After that I was able to go on the site and put in my pin number and finish up the renewal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the pin for?  I just went to the clerk, filled out the form, paid my moneys, and was sent my new CPL in the mail.
View Quote

With pin, you log on msp website, fill online renewal application, pay the fee with credit card, and get your new license in the mail in a matter of few days. All from convinience of your favorite chear. No need for the picture ither, they will use one from DL database.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

With pin, you log on msp website, fill online renewal application, pay the fee with credit card, and get your new license in the mail in a matter of few days. All from convinience of your favorite chear. No need for the picture ither, they will use one from DL database.
View Quote

Thank you for the response.  Seems a lot better than having to go stand in line at the clerk's office.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My last renewal was online. The permit was in the mail on day 3.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So and Update in case this happens to someone else.

I emailed the Michigan State police at [email protected] on Friday and on Tuesday they emailed me
back wanting a phone number and times to call. They called back today after 2pm and gave them the info they
requested of me and they gave me the pin number (15 characters long).

After that I was able to go on the site and put in my pin number and finish up the renewal.
View Quote

Logged back in for the first time in years to say THANK YOU.

My CPL expired and I've been trying like hell to get it renewed.

I've sent an email to them, hope they respond quickly!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]
This is news to me.  I don't have to renew until next year though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was shocked how fast it came! Within 1-2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:17:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is news to me.  I don't have to renew until next year though.
View Quote

Me too. Mine expires in ‘21 and I never heard of this. Good news!
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Can someone please post a link to the site?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Start Here... You must have your pin first.

https://cplrenewal.msp.state.mi.us/CPLOnline/#!/

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#16]
They started it maybe 2 years ago. It is damn nice that they are finally using online. When I renewed mine online I got my CPL in like 4 days. Also, they just sent my mom's renewal and hers expires in December.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Got mine in just over a week. Shocking and rare display of government efficiency.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Well its been almost a month and nothing yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top