Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2020 9:54:16 PM EDT
Is it legal with a fixed mag ?  

Colt Carbine is on the off list lower list.

COLT  (not banned)

CAR-A3 H-BAR ELITE
CARBINE

http://thegunwiki.com/pub/Gunwiki/HistoryOLL/OLL-LIST.pdf

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php?title=Firearms_listed_by_name

And not on the on the ban list lower list.

COLT  (banned)

Law Enforcement (6920)
Match Target (all)
AR-15 (all)
Sporter (all)

Colt is making their ar rifles again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Banned by name -

Colt AR-15 series

Law Enforcement (6920)
Match Target (all)
AR-15 (all)
Sporter (all)

So, if they call it something other than the names listed above,... it's NOT banned.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Banned by name -

Colt AR-15 series

Law Enforcement (6920)
Match Target (all)
AR-15 (all)
Sporter (all)

So, if they call it something other than the names listed above,... it's NOT banned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Colts have been sold (well, if actually available) in California all along.  It was specific models or series which were "banned."  I'm not familiar enough with Colt model numbers, names and roll marks, etc., to say how to tell the differences from "list" to non-list.  For example, Rifle Gear has 4 catalogued Colts now although out of stock, so it's not a matter of "all" Colts. I would think if the item in question is a CR6920 type shouldn't be an issue, assuming it's configured correctly as featureless or fixed magazine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If it said "COLT AR-15", it would be banned.

If it said "COLT HBAR-15", it would be legal.

It's all about the name.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Le6920ca were sold here for quite a while...
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Which is the kind of arbitrary and ineffective silliness that made up the AW laws - hopefully that's well covered in the current ongoing legal action.  Not saying that there are acceptable alternatives but that it was completely an intention to infringe on core constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Good I'm getting one for my travels IN California.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you find a CA legal version outside of CA?  I suspect a dealer could likely order one assuming Colt has them in inventory.  With the demand here, that's not a bet I would make.

I would also be very careful with magazines.  Not expecting to come to the attention of law enforcement, those could be a problem in not 10 rounders or less.

Which leads to the next question, where are you planning to go that you think you might need an AR?    Very few of us probably carry an AR as a trunk gun in our normal day to day travels.  The entertainment media not withstanding we don't have all that many shootouts outside gang territory.

If just for general purposes, thinking things might go to shit while you are here, I might suggest a few cheap used Rugers that aren't encumbered by our silly laws.  Those would be enough to let you get out of the situation you found yourself in.  And if heaven forfend they ended up in evidence lockers, you wouldn't be all that pissed off, if you weren't in an adjacent people locker.  You don't need any kind of long range accuracy in a SHTF scenario.    You could retrieve at your leisure, I suspect in AZ you might be able to get several beaters for the price of a new AR.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can you find a CA legal version outside of CA?  I suspect a dealer could likely order one assuming Colt has them in inventory.  With the demand here, that's not a bet I would make.

I would also be very careful with magazines.  Not expecting to come to the attention of law enforcement, those could be a problem in not 10 rounders or less.

Which leads to the next question, where are you planning to go that you think you might need an AR?    Very few of us probably carry an AR as a trunk gun in our normal day to day travels.  The entertainment media not withstanding we don't have all that many shootouts outside gang territory.

If just for general purposes, thinking things might go to shit while you are here, I might suggest a few cheap used Rugers that aren't encumbered by our silly laws.  Those would be enough to let you get out of the situation you found yourself in.  And if heaven forfend they ended up in evidence lockers, you wouldn't be all that pissed off, if you weren't in an adjacent people locker.  You don't need any kind of long range accuracy in a SHTF scenario.    You could retrieve at your leisure, I suspect in AZ you might be able to get several beaters for the price of a new AR.
View Quote

I will be traveling in rual area's for hiking and camping might take my sig sauer tread 308 instead. The fc hook seems to be the easiest option less than a minute to install and less than a minute to take off.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah yes because if I ever found myself in a scenario where I needed to use a rifle, I'd love to use a POS beater

If you're not going to use it when you need it, whats the point of training with it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]
What they don't teach you to read in context in Alaska.  He's traveling through.  Not a resident.  If he gets in a fight, he's going to lose the gun afterwards.  Why lose a great expensive gun when you can lose a boat anchor and drive away from here?

We don't have any more gun fights here than you guys do.

If he stays out of the crappy areas, the chances of needing one are ridiculously tiny.

I'm glad we have people from thousands of miles away telling us what things are like in California.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What they don't teach you to read in context in Alaska.  He's traveling through.  Not a resident.  If he gets in a fight, he's going to lose the gun afterwards.  Why lose a great expensive gun when you can lose a boat anchor and drive away from here?

We don't have any more gun fights here than you guys do.

If he stays out of the crappy areas, the chances of needing one are ridiculously tiny.

I'm glad we have people from thousands of miles away telling us what things are like in California.
View Quote

I actually am not a fan of the anti-truck-gun attitude to which he was responding.  I myself engage in this practice while traveling, or going to remote places, even in California.

I am trying to do an inexpensive build, though, due to the issues with getting a gun back, which I found out the hard way affects residents, too, not just non-residents.  California has really messed up laws and policies for getting a gun back, and too much left to discretion, and I do wonder if that nonsense is even constitutional in the first place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top