Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2023 9:44:14 AM EDT
Got the call yesterday from the CMP. Sent the email instructions to my FFL. They mailed me back asking for make of the 1911. I was unable to answer as there are no guarantees with the CMP.

I looked at the handgun roster and saw both colt and Ithaca were listed but couldn’t find Remington rand.
Just trying to get ahead of this in case my ffl starts telling me this isn’t MD legal.

They’ve been great for other transfers but I’m guessing that don’t have much experience with the CMP.
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:30:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 303_enfield] [#1]
It's on the roster, US Military 1911A1. Or something like that. You or the FFL can check the roster.

Not needed anyway,"The Handgun Roster is a list of handguns manufactured after January 1, 1985 that have received final approval for purchase in Maryland by the Handgun Roster Board and that are not otherwise prohibited by law."

https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the detailed reply! Much appreciated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top