Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2018 9:04:10 AM EDT
Just planning ahead, but we're about a year out from the five year anniversary of our CHL law, which means those of us who got our license straight off are about 15 months or so from expiration.

I've been casually looking, but haven't seen anyone offering the 5 hour (I think it was 5 hours) renewal course yet; anyone got an idea who will be doing it, and what the course content looks like?

Thanks,

Larry
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just planning ahead, but we're about a year out from the five year anniversary of our CHL law, which means those of us who got our license straight off are about 15 months or so from expiration.

I've been casually looking, but haven't seen anyone offering the 5 hour (I think it was 5 hours) renewal course yet; anyone got an idea who will be doing it, and what the course content looks like?

Thanks,

Larry
View Quote
It is a 3 hour course with shooting.  General content is outlined in the legislation.

If you look at approved instructor list, some are showing approved for a renewal curriculum, but it sounds  like the ISP is still working through specifics as instructors haven't been getting clear answers as they are beginning to ask questions.

Hope ISP gets their act together...can you imagine the volume of BGCs for the renewals and potentially repeating all of the 30 day objections?   And if those get back to 90+ days...

Some discussions at illinoiscarry

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67516

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65412
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks-that's what I was thinking. And given how the state handled the initial kick-off, I have very little faith in the renewals going smoothly.

Larry
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is a 3 hour course with shooting.  General content is outlined in the legislation.

If you look at approved instructor list, some are showing approved for a renewal curriculum, but it sounds  like the ISP is still working through specifics as instructors haven't been getting clear answers as they are beginning to ask questions.

Hope ISP gets their act together...can you imagine the volume of BGCs for the renewals and potentially repeating all of the 30 day objections?   And if those get back to 90+ days...

Some discussions at illinoiscarry

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67516

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65412
View Quote
Anyone have a feel for if the original law passage was 'planned' to expire? Meaning, the asshats said "Yeah, give it to them with a 5 year expiration, we'll get a list of the CCW dudes, then make the renewal impossible" or some such nonsense?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Anyone have a feel for if the original law passage was 'planned' to expire? Meaning, the asshats said "Yeah, give it to them with a 5 year expiration, we'll get a list of the CCW dudes, then make the renewal impossible" or some such nonsense?
View Quote
Knowing how this state works, I can see why you might wonder things like this.  However, the passage was forced by a court decision and we are getting no indications there is anything hinky going to happen.  That being said, there are democrats introducing all kinds of bills to restrict and weaken the concealed carry law....it is what they do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Knowing how this state works, I can see why you might wonder things like this.  However, the passage was forced by a court decision and we are getting no indications there is anything hinky going to happen.  That being said, there are democrats introducing all kinds of bills to restrict and weaken the concealed carry law....it is what they do.
View Quote
Good to hear we have (had?) the legal system on our side ... for now.

I will also offer this is why I volunteered to defend this country; while things may seem bad and in some places laws are blatantly ignored, we can still point to a legal system which lawfully resolves disputes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got about a year and a half before the first class I put through will need a refresher.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#7]
If it starts getting too close for comfort, or something needs to renew further ahead of time due to travel or whatever, could always just take the 8 hour course. It includes everything in the 3 hour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top