Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 9:10:35 PM EDT
Mine is expiring soon....I’m south of Dayton and Montgomery county a no go until at least May...warren doesn’t seem to be any better. Anybody have any luck in SW Ohio with renewals?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Probably my only option at this point......thanks for link
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember, all expiration dates have been extended until June 30 2021.

JLE
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine is expiring soon....I’m south of Dayton and Montgomery county a no go until at least May...warren doesn’t seem to be any better. Anybody have any luck in SW Ohio with renewals?
View Quote

You can go to any county in the state.  How far are you willing to drive?  

Morrow county doesn't require an appointment and is first come, first serve.  I was in and out in 10 minutes.  I live in Delaware, but go to Morrow because they're friendly.

I suggest finding a county that allows walk-ins.  Look a little further east in the less populated counties
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys appreciate the insight.....I didn’t realize I am extended until June so that good
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Wife and I went to Preble County. Quickest around us.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Even with the 6/30 extension I would still try to get it taken care of as quickly as you can if I were you.  Maybe you can take care of it in an adjacent county?  Although it takes some of the immediate pressure off, that extension has been in place for a while now and I have to think that there will be a big rush as the deadline grows nearer.  I wouldn't want to be trying to get in to renew in the middle of that mess of folks who have just let it go and now have come up against the deadline.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a day and drive to a rural county.  Lorain county was booked up 6 months and I was technically expiring mid December.  I ended up going to Ashland county after making an appointment on their website (booked the appointment about 10 days out).  Went to Ashland sheriff about 40 minutes before my appointment and nobody even asked what time I was scheduled for.  Basically could’ve walked right in on a Thursday morning.  They called me the next Monday (4days after my appointment) and said they are putting my license in the mail.  So far USPS is taking longer to get it to me than it took for Ashland Co sheriff to process it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I just looked, mine is up at the end of this year. How far out can we renew? I think I'll start looking now.......
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#11]
90 days before expiration.

JLE
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I just scheduled my renewal in Ashland and all they had was late March, they seem to be filling up the available appointments so don't wait too long.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Easiest way to fix this would be constitutional carry
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just scheduled my renewal in Ashland and all they had was late March, they seem to be filling up the available appointments so don't wait too long.
View Quote

I went to Ashland and had an appointment but nobody ever asked me if I did.  I’m 99% sure I could’ve walked in without one.  I was there about 10am on a Thursday.   One guy ahead of me applying for first time ccw was just leaving when I walked in.  Also it was nice that they took debit/credit cards.  Didn’t have to mess with a money order like some other counties.  $2 processing fee and $1 to mail my card back to me to save me a 50 minute trip down there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I was able to get an appointment a couple of counties over for April 21st which is exactly 90 days after my original expiration of January 21st. Makes me wonder what kind of shenanigans that will cause?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well I was able to get an appointment a couple of counties over for April 21st which is exactly 90 days after my original expiration of January 21st. Makes me wonder what kind of shenanigans that will cause?
View Quote

None, all expirations have been pushed back.

ETA - https://clermontsheriff.org/concealed-handgun-license-renewal/
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Dark County had a couple appointments left in April. I grabbed one of them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah should be ok......thanks for that link
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Most of the local counties are backed up past their online scheduling or into April/May. Was able to get on on the 30th of March in Sandusky county and they were able to schedule the wife for the same time, so I went with them.

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in the same boat. Expires in July. I was able to get an appointment in August in Geauga county, but their site says I need to bring my original certificate. I thought the certificate was only needed the first time, that the existing CHL was fine for the renewal. Tracking down my 10-year-old original certificate could be... challenging. Anybody renewed in Geauga lately?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You can go to any county in the state.  How far are you willing to drive?  

Morrow county doesn't require an appointment and is first come, first serve.  I was in and out in 10 minutes.  I live in Delaware, but go to Morrow because they're friendly.

I suggest finding a county that allows walk-ins.  Look a little further east in the less populated counties
View Quote

Any county will renew? Thought it was adjacent to where your home address it. Or is that only for initial application?

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat. Expires in July. I was able to get an appointment in August in Geauga county, but their site says I need to bring my original certificate. I thought the certificate was only needed the first time, that the existing CHL was fine for the renewal. Tracking down my 10-year-old original certificate could be... challenging. Anybody renewed in Geauga lately?
View Quote

I renewed in Medina and didn't need original stuff. But maybe that's because it's where got my original issue. Even took a new picture in and was told i didn't need it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I renewed in Medina and didn't need original stuff. But maybe that's because it's where got my original issue. Even took a new picture in and was told i didn't need it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last renewal was in Lake, and I didn't need the original cert. But I haven't been able to get an appointment in Lake. Every county sheriff department has different procedures, which is annoying.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Any county will renew? Thought it was adjacent to where your home address it. Or is that only for initial application?

View Quote

That was also part of the recent changes thanks to Covid.

I'm not sure if that change is permanent though, or just temp with the expiration push back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't wait on renewing.  When I got mine done awhile back, in wood county, it took over a month for the earliest appointment.  In the past it was always within a few days.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Went in today to Fayette county.....was in and out in under 30 minutes with my new license in hand! Highly recommend
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Probably get mine renewed in Union County when the time comes.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top