Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2023 12:59:44 PM EDT
Well, at my first ccw class... 3 hand guns to qualify for... Should be a good day...
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Passed... Now hours of classs...
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
UCSSA insurance... Anyone have??? Signed up for gold... Middle road insurance...
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Good class, shooting was fun... On to fill out Local Sherriffs online form for interview...
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Any suggestions for vehicle hand gun lock box... For times when you can't carry in restricted buildings...
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Have thought about it but probably depends on the car and handgun, for fits, etc.  Which county are you applying in?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UCSSA insurance... Anyone have??? Signed up for gold... Middle road insurance...
View Quote

I don't have insurance, though I probably should. I mostly just avoid heavily liberal areas.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any suggestions for vehicle hand gun lock box... For times when you can't carry in restricted buildings...
View Quote

What car? What building are you worried about?
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have thought about it but probably depends on the car and handgun, for fits, etc.  Which county are you applying in?
View Quote

El Dorado county...
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What car? What building are you worried about?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Live scanned... 3-4 weeks... Yes!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Hey neighbor.

My buddy uses one of these in his Ram and has been happy with it.

https://www.consolevault.com/Dodge-Ram-150025003500-Center-Console-Safe-2019-2023_p_176.html
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hey neighbor.

My buddy uses one of these in his Ram and has been happy with it.

https://www.consolevault.com/Dodge-Ram-150025003500-Center-Console-Safe-2019-2023_p_176.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Was told no glove box or consoles for weapons... But can buy the magnet type to quick grab... Bought a small handgun safe with teether for safe being... Would love to use that for secure safe...

@NorCalRT

Need to verify, but would use if legal... Thanks for info...
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I asked about the county as the sequence of events for you seemed different from San Bernardino.  The Sheriff runs a class and range qual time and it seems that it happens after all the up front records checks, etc.  Haven;t done it but still thinking about it.

My impression is the no glove boxes and and utility compartments comes from the "locked" containers requirement for transporting a pistol, you can't simply lock one in the glove box, it has to be a separate locked container.  But I don't see that applying to a CCW.

But Sheriffs have leeway on the requirements they can place on the holder.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
It is a lock box inside the center console, it isnt locked in the center console itself. It is fine but hey I am not a lawyer. Keep in mind, other people in your car. You put your ccw in a lock box, any location in your car and run into the post office, wife waits in car. If you did not unload the gun, wife is now in a car with a improperly secured firearm.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It is a lock box inside the center console, it isnt locked in the center console itself. It is fine but hey I am not a lawyer. Keep in mind, other people in your car. You put your ccw in a lock box, any location in your car and run into the post office, wife waits in car. If you did not unload the gun, wife is now in a car with a improperly secured firearm.
View Quote

@NorCalRT

Good call on that NorCalRT, locked and riders in car... My nephew is CHP, all have to ask his thoughts because you are right, it's a locker inside the console... I like the idea...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top