Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 10:09:25 AM EDT
Legislative Update

On Wednesday, the Connecticut General Assembly House of Representatives passed two bills:

H.B. 6355 Changes to Connecticut Red Flag laws. -Passed 93-55. How did your Representative vote? Remember in November 2022.

H.B. 6491 Removes the prohibition on possession of nonlethal electronic defense weapons. -Passed 148-0

Thanks to your advocacy H.B. 6491 was passed unanimously. This is the first Pro2A bill to make it out of the House in years.

The following bills will soon be called in the Senate chamber for a vote. Contact your State Senator and ask them to:
Vote NO on H.B. 6355 & S.B. 5
Vote YES on H.B. 6491.

A recap of these are below:

H.B. 6355 AN ACT CONCERNING RISK PROTECTION ORDERS OR WARRANTS AND THE EFFECT OF THE ISSUANCE OF A PHYSICIAN'S EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE ON A PERSON'S ABILITY TO POSSESS FIREARMS

H.B. 6491 AN ACT CONCERNING ELECTRONIC DEFENSE WEAPONS.

S.B. 5 AN ACT CONCERNING INCREASED OPPORTUNITIES FOR ABSENTEE VOTING, SAFE AND SECURE IN-PERSON VOTING, VOTER REGISTRATION AND CERTAIN OTHER CHANGES REGARDING ELECTION ADMINISTRATION.
Will make a 200’ radius around all polling locations a gun free zone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Can ya give a dumbass like myself some clif notes?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Right from the links provided:

AN ACT CONCERNING RISK PROTECTION ORDERS OR WARRANTS AND DISQUALIFIERS FOR FIREARM PERMITS AND ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATES.
To (1) establish a risk protection order and to expand upon the list of persons who may be complainants for purposes of issuance of a risk warrant; (2) require the Judicial Branch to develop and make available a form and explanatory materials to persons applying for a risk protection order; (3) disqualify persons subject to a standing risk protection order from possessing firearms or ammunition; and (4) penalize any such possession.

AN ACT CONCERNING ELECTRONIC DEFENSE WEAPONS.
To remove the prohibition on possession of nonlethal electronic defense weapons.

AN ACT CONCERNING INCREASED OPPORTUNITIES FOR ABSENTEE VOTING, SAFE AND SECURE IN-PERSON VOTING, VOTER REGISTRATION AND CERTAIN OTHER CHANGES REGARDING ELECTION ADMINISTRATION.
To make several changes to election laws designed to increase opportunities for absentee voting, safe and secure in-person voting and voter registration. [Make polling place and 200 feet around them gun free zones.]

The short of it is the red flag expansion will likely pass. Its scary in that it opens up more people who can red flag someone and makes it easier to do so apparently.

The electronic defense weapons (stun guns) while good that it removes the ban on possessing them, the bad (if I read the proposal right) would move them into the category of needing one of the firearm permits/certs to; buy them and when carrying in public. They set the age at 21 to purchase (again if I read it right) stun guns.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Might be of some value
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-157_8mjp.pdf
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Might be of some value
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-157_8mjp.pdf
View Quote

How so? That opinion is dealing with the "community caretaking exception". Not with court issued/ordered red flag seizures.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
You sir are the problem that created the conditions for the very bills you are asking for the cliff notes to get pushed through. It's no wonder we lose our rights daily.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You sir are the problem that created the conditions for the very bills you are asking for the cliff notes to get pushed through. It's no wonder we lose our rights daily.
View Quote

Sorry but this guy has been there and fought and testified -he is not part of the problem! He just wants a summary..... it really is that simple!
Frank? Is that you?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sorry but this guy has been there and fought and testified -he is not part of the problem! He just wants a summary..... it really is that simple!
Frank? Is that you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frank? Is that you?

Thanks nutter.  

But fuck me cause I asked for help in legalese. @stacks04
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Frank? Is that you?
View Quote
He's fought and testified yet had no clue what was being voted on? Yeah tell me another one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's fought and testified yet had no clue what was being voted on? Yeah tell me another one.
View Quote

Dude go away
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is a ok in my book! You.... not so much? You may fuck off now! And, stop drinking!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I don't think I will.  Enjoy FL. Have a beer and catch some fish for me.
Peace out Brussel Sprout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top