Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2020 2:02:55 PM EDT
I vaguely recall reading that we can renew a CCL and have until after COVID to submit training requirement? If correct, on the ISP website to renew CCL, what date do we enter on the ISP website? My original training date doesn't save - so do I enter today (renewal) date and not violate

ETA: @interestedbystander or @swanhunter any chance you know?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You do have until 18 months (instead of the 12 written in FAQ I believe) to provide cerificate.   As to date, I'll defer to SwanHunter as I have not seen that page. My renewal was pre-Covid and I dont recall entering a date perhaps because it was listed on the certificate.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

Q. I am a CCL holder. How can I complete my three-hour training?

A. Renewal applications will be accepted without proof that renewal training is completed. CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state's disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do have until 18 months (instead of the 12 written in FAQ I believe) to provide cerificate.   As to date, I'll defer to SwanHunter as I have not seen that page. My renewal was pre-Covid and I dont recall entering a date perhaps because it was listed on the certificate.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

Q. I am a CCL holder. How can I complete my three-hour training?

A. Renewal applications will be accepted without proof that renewal training is completed. CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state's disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license
View Quote

Thanks.

Yeah, the website won't let me advance to the next screen, so there is a misalignment between regs and tools for those regs. I'm sure it's totally accidental  ??
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks.

Yeah, the website won't let me advance to the next screen, so there is a misalignment between regs and tools for those regs. I'm sure it's totally accidental  ??
View Quote

I kind of remember a post or two at IllinoisCarry about not being able to advance without a certificate but dont recall how or if they got around it.  Hopefully SwanHunter has an answer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Molly thinks you should be able to leave those blank.   Sounds like you did, but did you try that?

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76548#entry1292234
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Molly thinks you should be able to leave those blank.   Sounds like you did, but did you try that?

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76548#entry1292234
View Quote

Thx for the link. I opened the thread then left the house, will check* then update here.

*I'm on my mobile, but no way I expect the fkrs who want to regulate a natural right will make their website mobile-friendly ...
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Try renewing WITHOUT entering any information on training.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Are all the renewals and other thing they have been putting off just kind of going to snowball until it is a giant unmanageable mess (even moreso than normal) of everything being due all at once for everyone in the state as soon as the "emergency state" wears off?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thx for the link. I opened the thread then left the house, will check* then update here.

*I'm on my mobile, but no way I expect the fkrs who want to regulate a natural right will make their website mobile-friendly ...
View Quote

Actually, the newest FAQ since they recently revamped the web site now claims mobile devices are supported...its only been a few years!

Q. Can I apply on-line using my smart phone or tablet?

A. Yes you can! Our website is now mobile-device friendly!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Try renewing WITHOUT entering any information on training.
View Quote

Yeah ... this was funky, too. I received error msgs regardless of what I entered until at one point it saved without an error msg. I quickly moved to the "Next" screen to pay

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
If you were not able to previously attach a 3hr renewal certificate due to the covid changes, I read that there is now a link to do so on the CCL portal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top