Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2021 3:49:50 PM EDT
Yesterday:

I realized my CCL expired.  It expired a month ago and I will be taking a class for renewal toward end of September.  So, I try to log into my FOID/CCL account with my username and password. It stated I was not using the correct password.  I was instructed to give my license and email and they would send a new password or link?  After an hour no email with the instructions to change the password.  So, I tried to register as a new user with new email. It told me to call the ISPFB with my new username and ID Info in order to proceed.

Today I called 217-782-7980. I get a message from Verizon stating the call can't be completed. Damn, this is insane.  I have no idea if this is because I once was an FFL but did not register with the state for a license and stopped doing transfers 2019.  

Is there another number to call?

I emailed them but knowing the state it will be a long time for a response.  I would guess my other option is to take the renewal training and carry the credentials with me once I have completed it to be in compliance.

Any ideas?

I'll update this post in the event I do get through or they resolve it.

Thanks,
PCmangler.

ETA:

I was able to get the call to come through.  Interestingly  enough I am on hold now.  Thanks to all that called after my second post.

Another ETA:

I have been on hold for 51 minutes. I am cleaning up my emails and surfing. I doubt I will talk to anyone but I was surprised I got through without the Verizon call could not be completed message.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else try to call 217-782-798 today?  I doubt it's my phone service.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried renewing my FOID online today and it said my account was pending, and I had to call that same number to complete the process.

Can't wait to spend my day on hold.

ETA: Punched in all my data and it said I had to wait until I was 90 days out before I could renew.

So December 20th is the earliest date I can renew.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I waited 1 hour today while watching a movie. Then I hung up.  Dave Syverson is supposed to have a coffee meeting in Caledonia. Supposedly taking questions. I  figure I'll go and ask although it won't make a difference.  Funny how the ISP hires contractors to reach out to me about my FFL, but won't  help with FOID or CCL renewals..  They want me to buy a license to do business because over 1300 FFLs did not buy the state license.

I am going to get my ccl renewed this week and the instructor said he can submit the payment.  

I don't know if they ever answer the phone. Right now I don't care anymore about their website acess.  If the instructor can submit the paperwork and they continue emergency procedures screw it. I have been visiting tennessee and s. Dakota looking for a place to move.

Good times.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure if anyone is curious or cares for that matter but what the hell.
I just managed to get through to ISPFSB for my website access after waiting more than 3.5 hours.  I watched a movie, changed wiper blades, went to grocery store while on hold. I guess it can be done.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top