Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2023 2:01:14 PM EDT
I understand CA is asking for stays on the mag safety and loaded chamber indicator loss they suffered with respect to the roster, but they didn't ask for one on microstamping.

So what pistols have mag safeties and CA compliant loaded chamber indicators that could be sold in state while the case works it's way through the system?

I'm pretty sure the M&P9 (and those in other calibers) have some sort of loaded chamber indicator and option of magazine safety. I have a first gen M&P9, it has the mag safety and a loaded chamber indicator (but not the type CA now requires).
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that the SIG P320 has a loaded chamber indicator, not sure about the mag disconnect.

Beretta 92F or the Taurus model might have both.

Probably have to Google each model.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that the SIG P320 has a loaded chamber indicator, not sure about the mag disconnect.

Beretta 92F or the Taurus model might have both.

Probably have to Google each model.
View Quote

We can buy the 92F already. Pretty sure it doesn't have a mag disconnect, however.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a pistol with a magazine disconnector.  It sukz!

IMO, it is the least safe pistol I own specifically because of the magazine disconnector.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

IMO, it is the least safe pistol I own specifically because of the magazine disconnector.

View Quote

I have a Gen 1 M&P9 and a Shield and they both have it. None of my other handguns have it. It's fine on those guns although it complicates dry firing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup my M&P shield has one as well. If the state loses on this I’ll be removing the mag disconnect.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup my M&P shield has one as well. If the state loses on this I’ll be removing the mag disconnect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there something in the current law that says you’re not allowed to remove it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is there something in the current law that says you’re not allowed to remove it?
View Quote

I don't think so. Does the shield or M&P disconnect design mess with the trigger pull?

FWIW, my Gen 1 M&P has an Apex trigger upgrade and it's excellent.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yup my M&P shield has one as well. If the state loses on this I'll be removing the mag disconnect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup my M&P shield has one as well. If the state loses on this I'll be removing the mag disconnect.

I'm not a lawyer, but I am not aware of anything in state law that prohibits you from removing the magazine disconnect safety on a weapon you own now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, not that I’m aware of. I guess I’m going off the web rumors of using a “modified’ gun in a potential court case.

I’d love to get rid of it and the stupid lever you have to push down on to disassemble the gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, not that I’m aware of. I guess I’m going off the web rumors of using a “modified’ gun in a potential court case.

I’d love to get rid of it and the stupid lever you have to push down on to disassemble the gun.
View Quote

There is always that possibility. Recall how the prosecutor tried to make the scary AR an issue in the Rittenhouse trial.

I watched jury deliberation for an actual trial. Some Asian kids who seemed to be gang types came up to a neighborhood in a car, and I believe they were shooting off an SKS. A home owner armed with a pump shotgun with an attached maglight (using a crude home made attachment method) ended up killing the Asian with the SKS. In the trail a female juror made a big deal out of the added flashlight. A male juror countered pointing out that the Asian had an "assault rifle". No one pointed out the light was for a positive ID.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top