Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2020 1:01:20 AM EDT
This was posted by someone I know who is active in buncombe county politics who is a fervent gun grabber.

"TIME FOR ACTION!! A message from County Commissioner Chairman Brownie Newman "We are expecting a large turn-out from supporters of making Buncombe County a Gun Sanctuary at the Commission meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5 PM. The Resolution calls on Buncombe County to oppose any gun safety policies and to refuse to enforce any laws or regulations of weapons in our county. The folks supporting this are urging people to speak in support of the Resolution during Public Comment. The regular meeting begins at 5 PM. Our agenda is light so we could get to Public Comment as early as 6 PM. If this issue is important to you, consider attending the Commission meeting and sharing your perspective. I expect an overflow crowd, so if you want to get a seat in the Commission Chambers, you probably need to arrive before 5 PM. There will be seating in an overflow space as well."

If this is true, it sounds really shady that the commissioner chairman would try to rally their gun grabber friends to prevent your voice from being heard.  Get there early and in large numbers!  Good luck to you all!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
With the death of Mike Fryar and with Robert Pressley being such a mealy mouthed weak ass RINO Buncombe won't get sanctuary status.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
How did it go? Wish I would have known about this. I would have gone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to 1:40

Board of Commissioners' Regular Meeting (Feb. 4, 2020)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top