Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2023 1:44:22 AM EDT
This is only a Court of Appeals win and I know it will be appealed but a lot of Judges agreed that these devices were legal.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/06/appeals-court-rapid-fire-bump-stocks-00076867
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
But KY isn't in the 5th circuit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But KY isn't in the 5th circuit.
View Quote

No, it certainly isn't but if this is appealed to the Supreme Court, and many people believe it will be, that decision will affect the entire country. There were 16 federal judges involved in this decision. The case must have something. If that many judges can be convinced, others probably can be convinced, too. That's how court rulings work. Many of us were outraged a few months ago when the Supreme Court refused to hear two bump stock cases. Now, it may be that they wanted to wait for this case, because this case involves overreaching by executive branch agencies, which Clarence Thomas hates.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
double tapp
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Mark Smith of the 4 Boxes Diner discussed why he thought Cargill would be the vehicle to SCOTUS to get a ruling favorable to bumpstocks.

BREAKING: Supreme Court DENIES Huge Anti-ATF Bump Stock Case..

Go to 8:40
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
So does this mean I can go out and buy a bump stock, today?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So does this mean I can go out and buy a bump stock, today?
View Quote

I wouldn't dig them up just yet.

Huge win for sure
Personally I don't like them but never should be illegal

F nra
F trump
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
double tapp
View Quote

Soon that too may be legal again!
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
double tapp
View Quote

Oh wow, you CAN post without bolding every damn word…
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh wow, you CAN post without bolding every damn word…
View Quote

If my posts bother you....just don't read them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If my posts bother you....just don't read them.
View Quote

Bump stocks, pistol braces, assault rifles ,large capacity magazines will all be legal everywhere soon. Just bury them for now and dig them up as their legal case is won . The federal courts, following the rulings in Breun by the SCOTUS will soon overturn all the gun control laws in the counrty. It is a brand new day for gun rights in America with BRUeN. We are approaching the promised land.

Gun control advocates, politicians, judges and legislators that tried to employ gun control will soon be ridiculed and look foolish by BRUEN. Gun owners and gun carriers will be moved into the mainstream of American life by BRUEN.

Within a matter of years, NFA must fall, too

BRUEN is what we have been wanting for years, and only got disappointments and scraps. The worst states for gun ownership will go under to BRUEN first. California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Illinois, NY, NJ, and Maryland will go first. Next will come the state with minor gun illegal gun restrictions, but all the states will have some gun control ruled unconstitutional under BRUEN. This whole blown cleanout will take a couple of years. At some point we will start to find illegal gun laws and nobody will want to bother getting it changed because they are so insignificant and they are not worth the court fees to challenge. All of that will be attributable to BRUEN
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The full Fifth Circuit Court voted 13-3 that bump stocks are not machineguns and those devices are once again for sale in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. This ruling has created a "circuit split" where the same issue is legal in one circuit and illegal in other circuits. The Supreme Court hates circuit splits and often takes a case to resolve the issue. So far, DOJ has not appealed the ruling and the man that started the whole thing, Michael Cargill is now selling bump stocks again in his Austin gun store. Who knows where this will go?

From the Court's ruling:
The Government’s regulation violates these principles. As an initial matter, it purports to allow ATF—rather than Congress—to set forth the scope of criminal prohibitions. Indeed, the Government would outlaw bump stocks by administrative fiat even though the very same agency routinely interpreted the ban on machine guns as not applying to the type of bump stocks at issue here. Nor can we say that the statutory definition unambiguously supports the Government’s interpretation. As noted above, we conclude that it unambiguously does not. But even if we are wrong, the statute is at least ambiguous in this regard. And if the statute is ambiguous, Congress must cure that ambiguity, not the federal courts.

I love to see Clarence Thomas get a chance to decide this issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top