Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2021 6:57:49 PM EDT
Are build parties no longer a thing?

A few years ago it seemed like every month or so a group fo people would get together, share their knowledge and expertise and help others build rifles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are build parties no longer a thing?

A few years ago it seemed like every month or so a group fo people would get together, share their knowledge and expertise and help others build rifles.
View Quote

No, they're not. Youtube, general internet asshattery, and too many glowy bois probably put an end to them.

That said, if you need a hand, post up where you're at and I'm sure someone will offer some help.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of build do you want to do?
I used to go to the AK build parties and had a blast. The lack of kits with barrels killed it for me but I still have most of the tools.
There was one in Inverness that was out of hand. I bet 30 people showed up
At least one car full of old ladies parked and walked up thinking it was a garage sale. This woman picked up someone's build sitting on a table and he said "this ain't no garage sale lady".
Some asshole stole all the chuck keys from 4-5 drill presses
After that I only met up with a few guys that I became friends with and trusted until the parts dried up
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I participated in, even hosted, AK flat bending parties back in Colo Spgs.

I've got the tools and jig to build AR15s, even parkerizing tanks, but, this part of the state, Western Panhandle, is less dense with members
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Im down in south Dade and have a 5d jig that needs to be used sooner or later. I have used routers before on small wood projects never on metal hoping I can find some parental supervision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top