Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/13/2019 4:44:32 PM EDT
I just called and put in for 16- we need 75% to be present before they will seat.  Please be as close to 630 as you can, they advised there may be a slight delay but we are set.

I mean....its been a while...

Gauging the interest of doing a get together sometime in August or perhaps early September.  Not sure where everyone is located now, but buffalo wild wings always has a good beer selection and passable food.

Thinking about the B-dubbs in South Elgin, just a touch north of 64 on Randall Road.

As of now, just curious who would be interested in making the trek, and then we can work on a date via a poll.

DATE SET 9/20/19 Buffalo Wild Wings  402 Randall Rd, South Elgin, IL 60177 1830 HRS

9-18 update: Buffalo Wild Wings will not accept reservations, but advised I can call early and see if a table can be set up.  As of today, I'll be requesting a table for 15-16 on Friday and get there early if needed.

Attending:

Marksman14
Smartdrug
Remman
Loadeddrum
Slarti
Doorman +1
Sleepingbirddog
Nate7out
efxguy
handyandy
YoteSlayer69 +1
ericjbeasley

Have 3-4 "maybe" accounted for.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in, but August is a no go for me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Sangria anyone?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got an interest in meeting.  I am retired have a few camp trips set up in first weeks in August.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Make it on a weeknight or after the beginning of November and I’m there. Diving occupies all my time in the spring/summer
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
152 views and a handful of replies?

I hope we can do better than that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The HTF has changed. Its not what it used to be.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
@slarti

@loadeddrum

@misterpx

@npd233

@Dawg180

@Lakemoor

Fuck that noise.  We're gonna make ILHTF great again.

I know Im missing plenty of names.  Lets add them in and make this happen.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@slarti

@loadeddrum

@misterpx

@npd233

@Dawg180

@Lakemoor

Fuck that noise.  We're gonna make ILHTF great again.

I know Im missing plenty of names.  Lets add them in and make this happen.
View Quote
I assume you already notified LikeBuddah

@Nate7out
@HandyAndy
@SleepingBirdDog

I do not remember how to spell it but there was a guy with a screen name something like Haynal.

There was an attorney who moved down to the Caribbean but may have come back. I think his name was Paul but I cannot think of his screen name.

August 17th is out for me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I assume you already notified LikeBuddah

@Nate7out
@HandyAndy
@SleepingBirdDog

I do not remember how to spell it but there was a guy with a screen name something like Haynal.

There was an attorney who moved down to the Caribbean but may have come back. I think his name was Paul but I cannot think of his screen name.

SilasCobb?

August 17th is out for me.
View Quote
I'm up for it. I actually found something on the B dubs menu that is actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like fun, I'm in if the date works. Early August or early September work for me. I think Facebook had a negative impact on the HTF.

LD, silascobb is who you are thinking of.

I sold some ammo to a good guy in the EE last month and was telling him how the HTF used to be.  I'll mention him as well.

@silascobb
@JoseyWales
@EvolAR
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.

I'll talk to Nate7Out and Beasley.

REMMAN!

great to see you post up!  Looking forward to seeing you all.

I'm not sure if Anthony is still in the area or not any more...

EDIT:  OK, beat by Nate7out like a red haired step child....
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
AND....IF people ask nice....I might even post up some pics of some of the old get togethers....DROBS birthday party at Hooter!!!  Great shot of Remman with the womenz there !!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, been a while since I checked the htf. Thanks, LD.

Yeah, I'm in.

@Kalahnikid
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh, been a while since I checked the htf. Thanks, LD.

Yeah, I'm in.

@Kalahnikid
View Quote
I was reading through the HTF Checkin thread and I think Kalahnikid has left the state...maybe moved to Mo?
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Gentlemen, it’s good to see you

Again, many forum names I remember, but only a few I could recall the specific spelling.  Let’s keep this going and spread the word.

Thinking early September as of now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was reading through the HTF Checkin thread and I think Kalahnikid has left the state...maybe moved to Mo?
View Quote
He lives in Iowa. He probably can't make the trip back, but I'd love to see him again so I thought I'd tag him anyway.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Likebuddah has also done the same.

@jackinil
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He lives in Iowa. He probably can't make the trip back, but I'd love to see him again so I thought I'd tag him anyway.
View Quote

Man theres some names in this thread I havnt seen in a long time. IIRC I only made it up to one Chicago area dinner in maybe 2009 or 10. Wow ten years ago! Dave got took us past a long line of people waiting to get in to a bar since he knew the bouncer, that felt pretty cool. I remember seeing a few familiar faces at that dinner from way back when we used to have HTF shoots at the Pit!

Ill tag in on this thread, if we're free that weekend who knows, maybe the wife and I will make a weekend out of it. We always talked about going to the Museum of SI to see the sub when we lived 3 hours away and never made it, so maybe now that we live 6 hours away. (Ames area)

Id love to have a class reunion and hear what the old Chi-crew have been up to in the 20-teens. I hope its been good to you all.

Where did buddah move to? Did Vic Mackey ghost arfcom after he became a boring suburban dad?

ETA: If you do this, it cant be snowing in northern Iowa yet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Man theres some names in this thread I havnt seen in a long time. IIRC I only made it up to one Chicago area dinner in maybe 2009 or 10. Wow ten years ago! Dave got took us past a long line of people waiting to get in to a bar since he knew the bouncer, that felt pretty cool. I remember seeing a few familiar faces at that dinner from way back when we used to have HTF shoots at the Pit!

Ill tag in on this thread, if we're free that weekend who knows, maybe the wife and I will make a weekend out of it. We always talked about going to the Museum of SI to see the sub when we lived 3 hours away and never made it, so maybe now that we live 6 hours away.

Id love to have a class reunion and hear what the old Chi-crew have been up to in the 20-teens.

Where did buddah move to? Did Vic Mackey ghost arfcom after he became a boring suburban dad?
View Quote
Hey Kalahnikid !

Yea, I miss the pit shoots, the Pumpkin Shoots were the best at Buffalo!   Sadly, The state really hamstrung Buffalo and the pit is not what it used to be.  I remember Woodbutchers chilli!  It was great!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
 I remember Woodbutchers chilli!  It was great!
View Quote
Boomhower?

He came down to Peoria for a dinner and bar crawl once.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I know this would be quite the hike for him but I am going tag him anyways:

@woodbutcher223308
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in. It's just down Randall Rd.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Man theres some names in this thread I havnt seen in a long time. IIRC I only made it up to one Chicago area dinner in maybe 2009 or 10. Wow ten years ago! Dave got took us past a long line of people waiting to get in to a bar since he knew the bouncer,
View Quote
Damn, I remember that.

I know Drobs moved MO with his partner, and I haven't heard much since they got the farm going.

I'll be in AL and out of the country in mid/late Aug, but if there's something going on in Chicagoland outside my window, I'll ride down!
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#25]
[b]Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah sure I'll hop in the truck and drive up, only take me 17 hrs, lol.

I'm sure y'all will have a great time, and hoist one in my honor, but I escaped Illannoys in 2016.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sure y'all will have a great time, and hoist one in my honor, but I escaped Illannoys in 2016.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:

This is why these threads are good. I had no idea that Anthony had left or where you were.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ill tag in on this thread, if we're free that weekend who knows, maybe the wife and I will make a weekend out of it. We always talked about going to the Museum of SI to see the sub when we lived 3 hours away and never made it, so maybe now that we live 6 hours away. (Ames area)

Id love to have a class reunion and hear what the old Chi-crew have been up to in the 20-teens. I hope its been good to you all.

ETA: If you do this, it cant be snowing in northern Iowa yet.
View Quote
I remember that night. It was the night I met Deej86. He didn't remember it however.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I remember that night. It was the night I met Deej86. He didn't remember it however.
View Quote
Are you sure? Because I know for a fact I never met him. I would remember
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Are you sure? Because I know for a fact I never met him. I would remember
View Quote
We started that night at the Tilted Kilt in Woodridge and went to Blackfin after. I know the Woodridge TK is where I met him. However, we might have had another HTF meet there that I am confusing it with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I might be in depending on the day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag. Have never been to an HTF event, and it would be cool to meet some new people.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Likebuddah has also done the same.

@jackinil
View Quote
Still around,retired as of 5/31. I remember the bbq's at Marksman 14's place[or was it your Dad's house? I dunno] in Algonquin.Some neat "Show 'n Tell' items.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Still around,retired as of 5/31. I remember the bbq's at Marksman 14's place[or was it your Dad's house? I dunno] in Algonquin.Some neat "Show 'n Tell' items.
View Quote
ScottyTooHotty had a couple show and tells at pops place IIRC.   I think his pride and joy was some Ed Brown, nighthawk, or other super fancy 1911 at the time.   I think I bought a dillon at the first one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ScottyTooHotty had a couple show and tells at pops place IIRC.   I think his pride and joy was some Ed Brown, nighthawk, or other super fancy 1911 at the time.   I think I bought a dillon at the first one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guns that stuck out to me were his TWO H&K MK23s
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#36]
LOL, yep, those were hosted by my old man when I was in college.

Had a miller custom tweaked Kimber, and yeah.......two MK23's.....

All of which are long gone
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am still here in Illinois for the time being at least- relocating a company is...difficult.  

South Elgin isn't too bad for me, I can probably make it work schedule depending.

Sven
Manticore Arms

aka Dawg180
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#39]
In.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#40]
If I am around count me in!
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I’d be down for a get together.

I’ve taken some ARF members to the ISRA range as guests. I’ll shoot them some PMs to check this thread.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I know this would be quite the hike for him but I am going tag him anyways:

@woodbutcher223308
View Quote
I miss you guys.  got this a bit late .  Took a vacation.

Made chili earlier, still have some. new job and new hours.  haven't been to the range in a few years.   Sucks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I miss you guys.  got this a bit late .  Took a vacation.

Made chili earlier, still have some. new job and new hours.  haven't been to the range in a few years.   Sucks.
View Quote
There he is!
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Did you guys pick a date / location?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did you guys pick a date / location?
View Quote
Not yet.

Should have something up by the end of the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Haven't been a regular to these but, have been to a few. I will try to make it depending on the date. My son will be due back from
deployment in September so may be going to visit him. I will keep checking back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#47]
That’s pretty close to my AO. Depending on the date I may be able to stop by. It’s high time we all meet some like minded individuals.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Did this plan ever go anywhere?

Sven
aka Dawg180
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did this plan ever go anywhere?

Sven
aka Dawg180
View Quote
Still working on dates.....  There is a member that wants to attend who is currently incommunicado that I am trying to message to make sure this is scheduled when he is available!!!

As of now working with a few september weekend dates.....thinking the 7th or 21st.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]
As of right now, going to aim for Friday Sept 20th.

Buffalo Wild Wings South Elgin. Say 630-7P.

ETA:

Please post up if you can make it, and a TOTAL count of people attending.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top