Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2020 6:29:14 PM EDT
Hi everyone! I'm newer to PA, I moved here back in October 2019. I'm not too familiar with ranges around here. Many ranges i find are indoor and let you shoot one shot every few seconds, no quick follow up shots, etc. They are very limited on what they will let you do. I'm looking for something outdoors with a little more freedom. My question, are there any ranges around Bucks county or nearby counties where you can sort of do what you want? (I mean safely, not recklessly shooting and acting like an idiot).

Thank you!

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're close to Warminster there is Guardian Training Center, they are the only public indoor range I've ever been to that allowed drawing from holsters.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve found in the ranges I’ve been to that they are a little more tolerant with “regulars” especially if they see good safe gun handling.
Never had any complaints about rapid firing during any range trips.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Pricetown rifle and pistol.   Specifically states no full auto without prior authorization.

You can shoot your semi off as fast as you please though.

If you can go week days there is never anyone there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pricetown rifle and pistol.   Specifically states no full auto without prior authorization.

View Quote

Thanks! That's a little over an hour from me, but sounds worth it. I'll have to go there and see what it's like. I'll also need to find a sponsor according to the membership requirement.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks! That's a little over an hour from me, but sounds worth it. I'll have to go there and see what it's like. I'll also need to find a sponsor according to the membership requirement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a member this year but have been for 4-5 years prior. I can hear the shooting from my house lol.

They had that requirement when I went, but as long as you showed up at a monthly meeting they signed you up. There is a new president though so maybe that changed. They are great people though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Claytons (Horsham, PA): Generally does not seem to care about rapid fire, but I don’t think they allow drawing, etc. They’ve never pestered me for NFA paperwork. Gets very crowded and I used to go semi-often since it’s very local.

Guardian Training (Warminster, PA): Mentioned above, they let you do a lot of different things with a very new/nice facility, although staff has seemed a bit odd to me and have pestered me for NFA paperwork, etc. Has never been crowded the few times I’ve gone.

Wicen’s (Furlong, PA): Outdoors, zero rapid fire, benches only for rifle (100yd), standing pistol (25yd), archery?, and a skeet shooting area. RSOs have always seemed decent, some are more fuddy than others. They recently went “private”, so a higher upfront cost.

Target World (Chalfont, PA): Haven’t been here in a while but no real complaints or anything, just unsure of their specific rules. Recently renovated indoor range and is nice overall. They also have an archery range upstairs, I believe.

Unfortunately, you’ll likely need to mix and match ranges depending on what you want to do. There is a private range, Bucks County Fish & Game (Doylestown, PA) that seems to offer a lot, but I think it’s burdensome to join. All of the above are fairly nice, it just depends where you’re located and what you’re looking to do.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I've been gone for a while after making this thread. Yeah, I'm not really finding what in looking for. Mixing and matching is going to be my best bet. I'm originally from NJ and there were several places that had looser rules and longer ranges. I'm trying to shoot longer distance and the most i can find it 300 yards in Carbon county. I'm interested in getting into long range shooting, but can't seem to find anything around here. There are a lot of 100 yard ranges.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Little bit of a drive and membership required.

https://www.nhrpc.org/
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That looks like it would be a good place for all purpose. It's about an 1hr 15mins from me, but it's doable. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That looks like it would be a good place for all purpose. It's about an 1hr 15mins from me, but it's doable. Thanks for the info!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t hold your breath, I’ve been on the waitlist for 4 years

They have a 1000 member cap and only 25-50 spots open a year. Best chance to get in there is help out with events if you can manage to.

University rifle club in Reading usually is looking for members. The website must be outdated as I’ve seen several people post the range goes to 600 now. Might be worth checking out. https://www.universityrifle.org/
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don’t hold your breath, I’ve been on the waitlist for 4 years

They have a 1000 member cap and only 25-50 spots open a year. Best chance to get in there is help out with events if you can manage to.

University rifle club in Reading usually is looking for members. The website must be outdated as I’ve seen several people post the range goes to 600 now. Might be worth checking out. https://www.universityrifle.org/
View Quote

Ouch....that's ridiculous haha. I'm not waiting years to get into a range. I'd rather just buy enough land somewhere and go shoot on it! I'll take a look into University Rifle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#12]
BCF&G (bucks county fish and game) is a nice outdoor range just south/? of Doylestown. I used to belong there, nice outdoor range for 100 yards.
I live in Philadelphia and getting there was a hassle at the time. Don’t recall it being crazy expensive and I don’t think there were club work hours required, could be wrong about that.
Probably rejoin at some point nearer to retirement.

They have other shooting resources but I only went there for the 100 yard range.

https://bcfg.org/

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
BCF&G (bucks county fish and game) is a nice outdoor range just south/? of Doylestown. I used to belong there, nice outdoor range for 100 yards.
I live in Philadelphia and getting there was a hassle at the time. Don’t recall it being crazy expensive and I don’t think there were club work hours required, could be wrong about that.
Probably rejoin at some point nearer to retirement.

They have other shooting resources but I only went there for the 100 yard range.

https://bcfg.org/

View Quote

Interesting, that's not far from me. Do they have any dumb fudd rules?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]
https://bridgetonsportsman.com/

When I was a kid, I lived near this place. I can't tell you much about it, I just know it's there. If you go, maybe leave a report as I would like to move back to that area someday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top