Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2022 9:02:05 AM EDT
Looking into a few options to move away from Spectrum, thoughts of Breezeline?

It looks like a great offer for 12 months, but in the past, I've heard the old WOW was terrible

ETA: just got hooked up today, took the tech 15 minutes, but previously they missed the last 2 appts. but for $29.99 and 1 gpbs and 50mbps it is okay now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Please see my post in the Ohio section about Breezeline.  Link. Avoid if possible.  WOW was great, Breezeline ruined them in Columbus.  If you can get AT&T fiber get that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had WOW for probably 20 years. Now on Breezeline. I only have High Speed Internet. Just taking it month by month with Breezeline to see if I need to jump ship.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had WOW for probably 20 years. Now on Breezeline. I only have High Speed Internet. Just taking it month by month with Breezeline to see if I need to jump ship.
View Quote

Exactly the same here
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
interesting, so is it their customer service via chat or phone suck? what about the service reliability and fixing problems?

it's tempting for 1gbps internet for $30 for 12 months, right i am getting raped by spectrum for $92 for 400 mbps
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
We don't  have them but everyone  who does locally  is always complaining  that it's  not working.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
interesting, so is it their customer service via chat or phone suck? what about the service reliability and fixing problems?

it's tempting for 1gbps internet for $30 for 12 months, right i am getting raped by spectrum for $92 for 400 mbps
View Quote

They do phone and chat.  Neither is good.  Phone goes off shore unless you scream cancel my service then you get someone in US.  

The week of May 9th is when they cutover from WOW to Breezeline.  My internet went down everyday that week for about an hour a day until Friday when it was down all day.   I made at least 10 calls to the customer service and had at least a hour wait each call, mostly longer.  I tried using the call back service and it only worked once.   Chat was unresponsive that week.   They made several promises to send someone out but no one ever showed up.  My whole town had issues that week.   That Friday I called AT&T and they verified I could get fiber internet.   They installed the following Monday.  Getting 1gig up and down and HBO max for $80/ month.   No issues with AT&T.  Wife and I work from home so we need reliable internet.  

Sad thing is I never had issues with Wow in the eight previous years.   Breezeline is a hot mess.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used WOW since they ran fiber thru my front yard for years and zero complaints with the 500 meg service.
I have my own modem and internet only. I can count the outages on one hand for the years I have used their service.

TWC / Spectrum is / was the biggest POS ever put on earth.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
so i ended up signing up for the 1 gpbs down for $29.99, too tempting to not try it out and i can tell spectrum to f/o and stream youtube TV too
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've already went back to spectrum as of 3 weeks ago.

Move before you need tech support. You won't get any...
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
update: so i had an installation appt today, tech came out and only ran a line, he couldn't hook it up to turn on my service, and said i had to call their CS again to schedule another appt. WTF?

and i am on hold and estimate time for answer is 30 mins
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
update: so i had an installation appt today, tech came out and only ran a line, he couldn't hook it up to turn on my service, and said i had to call their CS again to schedule another appt. WTF?

View Quote

That’s Breezeline way of saying, Welcome valued customer.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's Breezeline way of saying, Welcome valued customer.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i am having doubts and regret now

the callback feature never happened too like someone else commented, they said they'll try to come out today but not sure, but definitely on Friday

ETA: anyone else having problems signing into their account using a desktop/laptop web browser? It keeps saying internal error, the app on my iphone works
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

the callback feature never happened too like someone else commented, they said they'll try to come out today but not sure, but definitely on Friday

ETA: anyone else having problems signing into their account using a desktop/laptop web browser? It keeps saying internal error, the app on my iphone works
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they transitioned all he former wow customers to BL, the user names they provided did not work.   Unfortunately you will have to get a hold of someone to fix it.  That was a major problem for everyone back in May.  

Is BL and Spectrum your only options for internet?   If you go on AT&T web site you can punch in your address to see if you can get fiber.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When they transitioned all he former wow customers to BL, the user names they provided did not work.   Unfortunately you will have to get a hold of someone to fix it.  That was a major problem for everyone back in May.  

Is BL and Spectrum your only options for internet?   If you go on AT&T web site you can punch in your address to see if you can get fiber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly yes Spectrum and BL, there's ATT but only max at 50 mbps
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before I knew I could get AT&T fiber, I was looking into 5g home internet from either Verizon or T-Mobile.  I know Verizon lets you enter your address to see if you can get 5g, not sure about T-Mobile.  Might be worth a shot.  5g was not available at my address yet.  I think both carriers are putting up separate antennas for 5g home internet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I also had Wow for 10 years, worked great, internet only. But you actually get their “medium” cable package for fre too. Just hookup the coaxial.

Breeze line customer service is non existent. Fortunately used the callback feature the other day, and was able to sort out account login issue. All is good now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Updated. Install went smoothly and quickly after two missed appt by them as their customer service sucks ass but the $29.99 pricing was too good to pass up and then to cancel spectrum. This tech was competent and was done quickly. I am getting about 900 mbps down and 50 mbps up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.newsmax.com/amp/us/letter-wow-breezeline-town-hall/2022/04/22/id/1066827/

FYI

WOW! Blocked This Ohio Town Hall from You!
Friday, 22 April 2022 11:03 AM EDT

This past Wednesday Newsmax’s Town Hall in Ohio with JD Vance and Jim Renacci aired nation-wide on Newsmax, but customers of WOW! in Ohio (recently acquired by Breezeline) were completely blacked out.

WOW!/Breezeline carries 11 liberal news channels but recently dropped Newsmax.

Most of these liberal channels have far less viewership than Newsmax!

It’s a blatant act of censorship – and even Rand Paul is urging conservatives like you to CANCEL WOW!/Breezeline!

Newsmax covers Ohio – but WOW!/Breezeline doesn’t want you to see our reports!

Call WOW!/Breezeline at 1-866-496-9669 or

Go to https://dropbreezelineohio.com/ and Cancel them today!

Stories and Videos from Newsmax Town Hall in Ohio:

JD Vance to Newsmax: Trump 'Converts' Are His 'Best Defenders'

Jim Renacci to Newsmax: Trump Wants a 'Gov. Renacci, Not Gov. DeWine'
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.newsmax.com/amp/us/letter-wow-breezeline-town-hall/2022/04/22/id/1066827/

FYI

WOW! Blocked This Ohio Town Hall from You!
Friday, 22 April 2022 11:03 AM EDT

This past Wednesday Newsmax's Town Hall in Ohio with JD Vance and Jim Renacci aired nation-wide on Newsmax, but customers of WOW! in Ohio (recently acquired by Breezeline) were completely blacked out.

WOW!/Breezeline carries 11 liberal news channels but recently dropped Newsmax.

Most of these liberal channels have far less viewership than Newsmax!

It's a blatant act of censorship   and even Rand Paul is urging conservatives like you to CANCEL WOW!/Breezeline!

Newsmax covers Ohio   but WOW!/Breezeline doesn't want you to see our reports!

Call WOW!/Breezeline at 1-866-496-9669 or

Go to DropBreezelineOhio.com and Cancel them today!

Stories and Videos from Newsmax Town Hall in Ohio:

JD Vance to Newsmax: Trump 'Converts' Are His 'Best Defenders'

Jim Renacci to Newsmax: Trump Wants a 'Gov. Renacci, Not Gov. DeWine'
View Quote
i just have their internet, i have youtubetv and don't watch newsmax anyways but i'm on their website daily.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Fubo has Newsmax/FOX and not CNN.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I was always satisfied with Wow.  Since Breezeline took over our speeds are noticeably slower. I am switching back to Spectrum.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
So far almost a week in and working well. YouTube TV is quirky and not user-friendly and their CS is horrible like Breezeline.

the speeds have been about 800 ~, i was told it should be 1000mpbs and 50 mbps

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top