BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 2:47:29 PM EDT
Testor wins.

Testor 220,374
Rosendale 215,155
Breckinridge 12,932

He withdrew and gave support to Rosendale but...13k idiots still voted for him and now we have Testor yet again.

I mean god bless these little Libertarians hearts for running but...at some point youd think they look inside and realize the true damage they can do.  Rosendale wasnt a great pick by any stretch but I suppose we can think it over for the next 6 years with Testor voting party lines with Pelosi.

Damn...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Breckenridge withdrew too late.

He should have done it a while ago but I suspect did he did to keep the Libertarians voting on the ballot since the State Party head said if the Libertarian Party loses votes it would make it harder for the party to qualify for future ballots.

Wendt claims the lose of votes would make it hard to qualify for ballots.

The Democraps have used the Libertarians to benefit Democrap candidates across the country.

WA Times article on Libertarian Party site

The Libertarian Party says they're a "Party of Principals", but their advocacy of legalizing drug use isn't a principal in my book.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming my math is correct.

With the current margin, Rosendale would have needed 9,076 of 12,932 Lib votes (70+%) to beat Tester. Would that of happened?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The estimated 2018 Montana population is 1.06 million (1,060,000)

12,932 libertarian votes = 1.22% of the states population.

3X a charm for Tester.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I align very closely with the Libertarian party.

I align very far from the democrat party.

I align pretty closely with the Republican party.

I am not happy with the current two party system we have.  I think the more productive solution currently available is to steer the Republican party toward Libertarian ideals from within.  Splitting the ticket and get democrats elected is not helpful.  I don't think our country has too many more cycles of democrats in power before it is too far gone.  Having your moral high ground that you voted your conscience and didn't participate in the two party grind is nice...but we have John Tester for another 6 years...6 years that may well be critical for a lot of foundational issues.

I would like to see the Libertarian party reach some sort of agreement, at least at the state level, that we need to stop sending democrats to DC, or the governor's office, or anywhere.  This time was way too little, way too late.  Breckenridge dropped out and endorsed Rosendale last minute, but the Libertarian party did not accept his endorsement.  great job....
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The Republican Party is more "Libertarian-ish" than one may think, but #1 - The Libertarian Party has some real "wacky ideas" (and I've talked with many Libertarians & read the Mises Institute - an Economics org dominated by Libertarian thought), and #2 - I agree with other issues like reducing the national debt, BUT "everyone" wants free stuff (including Libertarians) therefore this country is in the debt situation that it is in.

IMO the Montana Libertarian Party is a fringe group like the "Greens" that don't look at the big picture, but are willing to be spoilers that allow politicians like Tester to perpetuate themselves in this state, just so they have a "no-win spot" on the podium during elections.

My .02
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Good old Libertarians and their retarded voters screwing Montana again, just like Bullock's first election. Our only hope is to fight fire with fire an get the Greens on future ballots.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Getting the Green party on the ballots would help. The Democrats worked to keep them off the ballot this year.
https://helenair.com/news/government-and-politics/judge-orders-montana-green-party-removed-from-november-ballot/article_145ad8f9-8fe7-5891-a2bc-304cdb6ed50d.html
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Why don't you just get someone willing to mascarade as a green party liberal. The left does it all the time to us.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why don't you just get someone willing to mascarade as a green party liberal. The left does it all the time to us.
View Quote
That was tried. They didn't make the ballot.

There's a danger in having too many parties since it splits up the vote even more. That happens in other states that allow everyone & their brother to be on the ballot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Even if all the libertarians wanted to vote republican any that had mailed in there ballots before he withdrew could no longer do anything about it. Yep they threw there votes away, but hey they were throwing there votes away anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top