Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2018 10:29:13 PM EDT
How completely and utterly effed am I?

I'm intending to move there full time next year. Any insight to the area? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Curious as to why you chose there. It's in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never even heard of it.  If you wanted to be remote, I would say that you got what you want.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Pucker that asshole when you hear dualing banjos....

In all seriousness I've never heard of it. What part of Kansas is it in?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you like wheat, wind and earthquakes?  How about sand for top soil and don't forget about the wind.

I'm from the area but the family sold the farm and moved away in the 70's. Went back frequently until the grandparents passed ten years ago, little change for 30 years until the oil boom and bust.  Nothing wrong with the area if you like small towns but you are a long drive from a Walmart, Home Depot etc.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nailed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nailed it.
Hell, I've lived here all my life, and I've never heard of it!
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm from there but moved away years ago.  My family still lives down there.

It's a very small lake/ large pond.  There's a 9 hole golf course on the Southwest side.  In town there is a liquor store, two small grocery stores, two bars,  McDonald's, and a Dollar general.

Wichita is a touch over 45 minutes away.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me know when you want someone to check out the house for you!  Good hunting down that direction.   Check out the Great Salt plains in Oklahoma for a day trip for you or the Alabaster caverns in Oklahoma.  Come to Wichita for some decent  brewed beer (WBC) and a IMAX theater.
@DaringRaider
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL

I grew up about 15 miles west of there. Dated a gal from Anthony in high school. Was it cheap?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top