Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2021 11:24:22 AM EDT
Headshot!

Estimated 300 lbs plus, easy - big cutters. Win .270, Sierra Game King 130 to the ear. This beast will no longer be wreaking havoc on the ecosystem of my lease. It took 2 of us to drag it away to where the coyotes and buzzards can get to it, as it would not be fit for human consumption, no. IME The quest for the big 10-point continues...
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Mr. Wreck , good shooting .  Could post another photo with something to give a better sense of scale ??   And a few more details .

Such as where .    And I owned a .270 and it never failed .

gd
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't about to lay my rifle across that stink bomb, so no perspective. Take my word or leave it. I don't even care. Also arfcom's picture handling sucks.

It took every bit of strength of two grown men to drag it 80 yards. The carcass is available for inspection - GPS coordinates upon demand.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wasn't about to lay my rifle across that stink bomb, so no perspective. Take my word or leave it. I don't even care. Also arfcom's picture handling sucks.

It took every bit of strength of two grown men to drag it 80 yards. The carcass is available for inspection - GPS coordinates upon demand.
View Quote

Sorry.  No feet in photo means instant distrust.  Better luck next time.  (Just kidding.  Nice shot.)
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why are you so defensive about asking for something for scale .  Who asked you to lay your rifle across the kill .  And " take my word or leave it . I don't even care ".  Remind me and possibly others not to respond to any of your  future posts .  

Not out to get you , I was just curious .   But let us end it there .

gd
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
When challenged (your request for "scale" was mildly such), I respond as the smartass that I am. It's just a fat hog, so no big deal, I only had the one pic. It looked like a small hippo when I walked up to it. I'll put the tape to the next one. I'm just posting a dead hog, not bragging; some content for the HTF which needs it.

At 40 yards, even Ashley could have hit that huge target. I couldn't leave it in front of the stand, so we had to drag it off. It had to go - the rule on my lease is all hogs will be shot on sight. In retrospect, I should have let it get farther away before I put it down.

Edit: If you got butthurt to my words in response to yours, then put me on ignore. I DON"T EVEN CARE.

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn yall type fast......
I have to edit now that no feet in pics equals distrust

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
One of these days I'm going to get me a pig with big ol tusks on him and make a necklace out of them.  I may be in a wheelchair by then but I'll get it done before I kick off lol.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
What makes it not fit for consumption? I'm not a hunter so I have no idea.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mr. Wreck , good shooting .  Could post another photo with something to give a better sense of scale ??   And a few more details .

Such as where .    And I owned a .270 and it never failed .

gd
View Quote

You could use your deductive reasoning skills. The pinecones appear to be loblolly, maybe Southern Yellow pine and would be about 3.5" long, both those produce needles that are 5"-7" long. That's enough for me to know that is a big pig. Good shoot OP!
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Top Top