Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2023 2:41:07 PM EDT
Anyone in the Boise area want to dispatch a coyote?  One of my employees has a coyote who is not afraid of people hanging around their place stalking their dogs (leash only now) and she wants rid of it.  I told her to shoot it, but she doesn't have a gun...  Normally, I would just go shoot it for her, but I'm too busy and I am not fond of the cold. (Also, no suppressor )  She called fish and game and they only handle wolves, mountain lions and bears.  Lives up on Highland view drive overlooking the Hull's gulch, so you would be shooting down hill.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah, modern society...

Where's the man in her life?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah, modern society...

Where's the man in her life?
View Quote

More like she's 70+, doesn't own a gun, nor does her husband.  One of her sons, who I have met could easily handle it, but he's currently deployed.  I did not offer my services, as the more I thought about it, a suppressed gun would be prudent.  I have a bow, and have never shot a coyote with an arrow before, so it's kinda tempting, but I have way too much shit to do and the earliest I could get around to it would be on a weekend day, when hundreds of people are seen walking/hiking with their dogs on the trails there in Hull's gulch behind her house...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, her situation and why she needs help makes sense. They're getting up there.

What about trapping the thing?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about that too, one of the problems is her location and the abundant amount of wildlife, literally just feet from her back yard.  I told her in no uncertain terms, that she can have the one removed, but 2 more will be back in it's place.  This is part of living on the edge of a wildlife/reserve.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#5]
If I'm correct about location, Ada County won't allow discharge of firearms up there. Also, if it's anywhere near the trail system, I would not trap there either.  Can you give me the GPS coordinates?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have the coordinates/GPS and she has agreed that due to her location, while she might not want it, a fence or some other barrier is necessary to contain her animals/prevent others from coming in, or she will need to continue to leash her small dogs when they go outside.  Simply being outside might help as well.  Her husband wants to get a paintball gun to deter them and I told her while entertaining, might not be legal to 'harass' wildlife.  I agree they are vermin and should be treated as such.  Once winter is over they will move on to other easier food sources.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'm correct about location, Ada County won't allow discharge of firearms up there. Also, if it's anywhere near the trail system, I would not trap there either.  Can you give me the GPS coordinates?
View Quote

It's not legal, but it would be exciting to watch someone else do it. The Karen's out hiking would lose their shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top