Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2021 4:36:30 PM EDT
I'm itching to get out this 87+ degree heat in Tampa and am thinking of driving up next week. I'll probably be starting in Asheville and doing the drive all the way thru the state taking a couple days to do it.

Any suggestions or tips? What is fun and what should I avoid? Any info on hog hunting would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hog hunting is better in Georgia. Check out Ft. Stewart GA for that.
As for the leaves, they’re changing now. By next weekend higher elevations will be at peak (Craggy Gardens, Mt Pisgah.) Personally, I prefer to go south of Asheville on the Parkway. There’s less people and it’s the nicest area. Anyplace south of Graveyard Fields is nice. Weekend will still be crowded but not as bad as Asheville area. Email or message me if you have other questions. I work on the Parkway, I’ll tell you what I can.
Enjoy your trip.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in Boone just a couple minutes from the parkway. Don’t come up this weekend, Banner Elk has the Woolly Warm Festival and Valle Crucis has the Valle Country Fair. Roads will be packed and miserable. Leaves are really just starting to turn here, by mid or late next week they should look really good up here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Leaves are pretty around Asheville as of today.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
just drove from charlotte to robbinsville and back today

Better hurry, leaves are falling like snow up there.  Back roads to my cabin and i actually had to stop a couple of times the falling leaves were so thick i couldn't see to drive up the gravel road
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Robbinsville just voted (by the narrowest of margins) to allow alcohol sales finally.  Graham county was the last dry county in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top