Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2021 12:38:57 AM EDT
I took a trip to Hartselle and Cullman this morning on the hunt for regular black powder. I stopped by Shooters Warehouse and Mike’s Pawn, but they both stopped selling BP due to all the extra licensing and insurance.
That being said, does anyone know of a brick and mortar shop around that stocks black powder? I know there are lots of requirements and regulations for selling/stocking it. I can’t remember if Mr Big Guns in Huntsville carries BP or not? The Goex website shows there’s two shops up in Columbia, TN that carries Goex, so I reckon that’s an option.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Cabelas in Huntsville had some cans and pellets about a week ago and have consistently had some over the last year.
I don't recall ever seeing black powder at mr big guns but I also don't look for it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ll have to check Cabela’s. I took a trip up to Columbia, TN yesterday to Ted’s and picked up 2 lbs of Goex. Worst case, an hour trip every now and then for BP isn’t too bad.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll have to check Cabela's. I took a trip up to Columbia, TN yesterday to Ted's and picked up 2 lbs of Goex. Worst case, an hour trip every now and then for BP isn't too bad.
View Quote
Is that the place about 2 miles west of the Stan's Restaurant exit going into Columbia?  Used to be called Steve's Gun Shop?

What was your opinion of them?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is that the place about 2 miles west of the Stan's Restaurant exit going into Columbia?  Used to be called Steve's Gun Shop?

Thanks,

View Quote

To my knowledge, Ted’s Sporting Goods has been there over 50 years. They’re less than 100 yards from the courthouse. They were friendly and had a decent selection of reloading stuff, accessories, ammo, and new/used guns. Prices weren’t awful considering the state of the market right now. They have to send someone to the powder magazine/locker to get what you need, and it has to be logged out of their system via paper log book, so the process takes a few minutes. Though it’s worth it in my opinion. I’ll happily be going back once I burn through this powder if I can’t find a source in north AL.
I do know there’s another place in Columbia that shows up on Goex’s dealer locator. They’re listed as Southern Guns and Archery, but searching that name brings up a Steve’s Guns Facebook page that’s also in Columbia. I can’t speak for them since they were closed this weekend for the Fourth.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To my knowledge, Ted's Sporting Goods has been there over 50 years. They're less than 100 yards from the courthouse. They were friendly and had a decent selection of reloading stuff, accessories, ammo, and new/used guns. Prices weren't awful considering the state of the market right now. They have to send someone to the powder magazine/locker to get what you need, and it has to be logged out of their system via paper log book, so the process takes a few minutes. Though it's worth it in my opinion. I'll happily be going back once I burn through this powder if I can't find a source in north AL.
I do know there's another place in Columbia that shows up on Goex's dealer locator. They're listed as Southern Guns and Archery, but searching that name brings up a Steve's Guns Facebook page that's also in Columbia. I can't speak for them since they were closed this weekend for the Fourth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

To my knowledge, Ted's Sporting Goods has been there over 50 years. They're less than 100 yards from the courthouse. They were friendly and had a decent selection of reloading stuff, accessories, ammo, and new/used guns. Prices weren't awful considering the state of the market right now. They have to send someone to the powder magazine/locker to get what you need, and it has to be logged out of their system via paper log book, so the process takes a few minutes. Though it's worth it in my opinion. I'll happily be going back once I burn through this powder if I can't find a source in north AL.
I do know there's another place in Columbia that shows up on Goex's dealer locator. They're listed as Southern Guns and Archery, but searching that name brings up a Steve's Guns Facebook page that's also in Columbia. I can't speak for them since they were closed this weekend for the Fourth.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out next time I'm up there!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top