Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2018 1:43:23 PM EDT
Hi all

Can anyone suggest/share a good car camping camp spot in Black Hills NF? (Have a capable Land Cruiser, so it doesn't necessarily have to be "car" friendly.)

Coming with the family towards the end of the month to do the usual tourist stuff but want to camp rather than use busy hotels.

Something south and west of Custer is preferred.  <2 mile hike from trailhead would also be do-able for a great spot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you haven't already figured it out.

BHNF camping sites
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not have anything figured out yet

Rather than a developed National Forest campground I’m looking for a dispersed site that someone may know of
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not have anything figured out yet

Rather than a developed National Forest campground I’m looking for a dispersed site that someone may know of
View Quote
There aren't really many dispersed camping "sites", you can camp almost anywhere. Basically go innawoods 100ft from the road or trails and no open campfires.

Honestly I suggest downloading the GPS maps from the SDGFP website and drive some trails until you find a spot you want to camp. Trails with dotted lines can be dispersed camped on. "Mystic" is going to be the bulk of the black hills as far as maps go.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/blackhills/maps-pubs/?cid=FSEPRD533421
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top