Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2024 12:15:48 AM EDT
House Minority Whip Karlee Provenza of Albany County is the sponsor of a bill seeking to decriminalize the possession of marijuana and related paraphernalia in the state. Co-sponsored by House Majority Whip Jared Olsen, Senator Cale Case and Senate Minority leader Chris Rothfuss, the bill was received for introduction into the House on Wednesday, Feb. 14.

House Bill 0204 has a multifaceted plan of decriminalization. First, existing criminal penalties related to possession of certain amounts of marijuana would be replaced with civil penalties. A civil penalty is a non-criminal punishment   typically a fine.

The bill would also eliminate possession of marijuana and related paraphernalia from existing drug laws on the books. Medical professionals would also no longer be barred from prescribing marijuana.

If passed, the bill as it is currently written would be implemented by no later than July 1.

https://county17.com/2024/02/16/bipartisan-cannabis-decriminalization-bill-introduced-in-wyoming-house-of-representatives/
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope they do it right. I used to live in WA, and there were pot shops popping up everywhere...then you got to smell it rolling out of car windows on the road...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry it won't pass. I think it probably should though ridiculous locking people up for a plant and it gives too much political ammo to the left.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I support eventual legalization, but only when it's done so on the national level. I've seen what kind of shit heels legal weed brought in when I was in AZ. I'd rather have less incentive for the Coloradoans, Kommiefornians, et al... to move here for now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
I support eventual legalization, but only when it's done so on the national level. I've seen what kind of shit heels legal weed brought in when I was in AZ. I'd rather have less incentive for the Coloradoans, Kommiefornians, et al... to move here for now.
View Quote

Exactly how I feel. The turds came out of the wood work when it was legalized in WA. Everybody thinks it's going to be great, but it just turns in to pot smoking in public and while driving.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By czgunner:

Exactly how I feel. The turds came out of the wood work when it was legalized in WA. Everybody thinks it's going to be great, but it just turns in to pot smoking in public and while driving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Let us not forget that, if it's taxed- and it will be- that's more funds for government to mismanage.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Let us not forget that, if it's taxed- and it will be- that's more funds for government to mismanage.
View Quote

Look at all this money for new social programs!
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
We will be the last state (maybe UT) to go that route. CO is right there and now MT. It isn't that much of an inconvenience for users.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at all this money for new social programs!
View Quote

New options for graft and coercion!
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Go check out all the places where the devils lettuce has been decriminalized.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#10]
10th largest state with the lowest population in the country with less than 6 people per square mile (beaten only by Alaska). Yeah, I doubt that’ll be the reason people will start moving here.

I’d rather have weed smokers than tweakers.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Weed smokers are already here. They just go down south to get it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:20:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mopseydocks6014] [#12]
We couldn't get full legalization right off the bat so decriminalization is the right thing to do.  But because it's the smart thing, it wont ever get passed.

Edit: just checked and it's dead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top