Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 11:37:36 AM EDT
Now that New Mexicans have voted to go "all in" on Dems, we should keep an eye on this bill which was introduced in House recently: H.R.7115 - 3D Firearms Prohibitions Act. The bill can be found here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/7115/text. So if it passes, kiss goodby to Building your own AR. Doubt it will go anywhere in Senate but New Mexicans should watch how our representatives vote on it. I'm sure XTS will support it despite that pathetic ad showing her trying to shoot doves!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I am honestly more worried that NM will just do the state version of this along with following WA's example with their new laws. Come January, there will be no GOP held branch of state government to hold the democrats back from passing all the restrictive laws they want.

While I am not saying the national stage needs to be ignored, I will say we have a much bigger challenge coming locally for 2A rights, and at this level there is no split congress to slow things down.

I am not optimistic, but I will not just accept it as inevitable (yet) either. There are a lot of gun owning democrat voters in this state and the democrats up until now have mostly avoided restricting the 2A because of the possible backlash from a reliable base. We are also fortunate that the members of state congress only meet once a year, for either a 60 and 30day session, which greatly limits the amount of time they can spend defending controversial bills.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree we are much more likely to see action on the state level. And with all the Republican judges kicked out at the last election, I see little chance that our liberal judges will defend our 2A rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top