Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2022 8:11:38 PM EDT
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of flat-bill wearing assholes suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

https://www.wistv.com/2022/05/04/bill-banning-carolina-squat-passes-sc-house-heads-governors-desk/

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
So… maybe you can legislate stupid!!

As much as I hate the govt getting into this, squat sure is stupid, especially the ridiculous ones.
I don’t know how they see out the front
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
As absolutely ridiculous as they are, we don't need yet another law on the books to cover it- if they can't see over the hood and their headlights aren't properly adjusted then it's obstructed vision, improper headlights or whatever is already on the books.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody up here in TR has a Yukon setup like that. I would be surprised if the headlights could be adjusted down that far unless there's a parts kit for it. Must be a "thing" in Colombia and Charleston. I used to have a 1976 Chevrolet pickup that was lifted 4 inches and had 36 inch tires. It was good off road. Maybe they can write the law to require the vehicle to be more or less level. I'd hate to see vehicle mods totally outlawed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
When I skimmed thru the article, it seems there is a provision for not being more than 4" lift difference between the front and back.

Basically, it probably only outlaws the extreme rear bumper draggers than eliminating the entire concept.

My nephew had a factory level kit put on his F-150 4x4 and it looks good even though I didn't see the necessity.

I still point and laugh at the ones I see that are extreme and I just assume they jizz theirself thinking that this old man is yelling at a cloud
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
They aren't squatted. They are hauling sail boat fuel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Heavy
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
And just about every one I’ve seen has been straight piped to be loud as shit.  Already laws on the books for this but apparently not enforced.  What makes the legislators think the squat law will work.  Won’t do squat unless the cops want to use the tool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably is theyre dangerous. A kid at works friend has been in two accidents just in drive throughs because he couldnt see infront of him. I dont see a problem with lifted level or factory rake. Atleast you can see and steer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Garbage trucks with garbage accessories
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of flat-bill wearing assholes suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

https://www.wistv.com/2022/05/04/bill-banning-carolina-squat-passes-sc-house-heads-governors-desk/

View Quote

It was ALREADY illegal, the lawmaker was simply TOO STUPID to check Title 56. Problem is ENFORCEMENT, as SC did away with vehicle inspections and most police are understaffed and don't have time to conduct traffic stops.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#11]
lol @ passing a law to address a fad.

Nanny state shit. “Stop liking what I don’t like!”

I hope the state gets sued over this and it goes to the state Supreme Court to be overturned over freedom of expression.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope the state gets sued over this and it goes to the state Supreme Court to be overturned over freedom of expression.
View Quote

Yeah, NO. Those vehicles are the very definition of "unsafe".
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of which there are ALREADY laws to address.
If they cause a wreck, charge them with wreckless endangerment.

Guns are “unsafe”. Ban those too?

Side note: driving while distracted was already against the law, but they still passed a no texting while driving law, which is still not being enforced. More laws are not the solution.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Side note: driving while distracted was already against the law, but they still passed a no texting while driving law, which is still not being enforced. More laws are not the solution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, my argument was that there was already an altering suspension statute on the books. Your freedom of expression does not extend to placing others in danger on public roads. Feel free to do whatever you want on private property.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It was ALREADY illegal, the lawmaker was simply TOO STUPID to check Title 56. Problem is ENFORCEMENT, as SC did away with vehicle inspections and most police are understaffed and don't have time to conduct traffic stops.
View Quote

Bingo

No inspections and no charges for obviously illegal mods.

The inspections were a racket most of the time.  We know that.

But, now I see absolutely death trap machines on the road everyday.  As a cyclist in years past, I would see worn out brake pads that the backing fell out at stops all the time.  Look over and see rotors warn to the venting lines insides, etc.  People drive stuff that will kill them and you all the time.  

As soon as the police start enforcing safety stops, the left will scream it is because of race, no matter it was a good stop or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top