Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2018 8:11:14 AM EDT
Links: here

I said from day one he is a weak, yellow bellied butt snake not up for the fight and doesn't want the job. Yet, Michigan GOP voters picked him to run for Governor.

Gretchen Whitmer is double digit leading him. She is all over TV, Internet, Mailings, Signs and all of my social media and youtube is completely saturated with her.

I haven't seen a single ad on TV for his campaign.
I haven't received a single mailing from his campaign.
I haven't been notified of a single event near me.
I haven't seen a single sign.

He has done nothing to earn a single vote and the Michigan GOP is going to be more than happy to finally act like republicans (I mean talk tough and fund raise) when Whitmer takes over.

BOHICA, Granholm v2.0 is on the way and this time its going to be even more ugly.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm afraid you're right.  I'm not a fan of Schuette but Whitmer will be a terrible Governor.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Everytown has donated a lot of money to that bitch whitmer and the democrat running for AG.

First Wave: Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund Announces Targeted Midterms Spending of Up to $10 Million in Four Priority States; Unveils Key Endorsements

Stacey Abrams, Democratic Candidate for Governor in Georgia

Gretchen Whitmer, Democratic Candidate for Governor in Michigan

Dana Nessel, Democratic Candidate for Attorney General in Michigan

Steve Sisolak, Democratic Candidate for Governor in Nevada

Aaron Ford, Democratic Candidate for Attorney General in Nevada

Michelle Lujan Grisham, Democratic Candidate for Governor in New Mexico
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you ever consider that he may be running out of cash and hoping to get the greatest effect for the dollars he spends?

I didn't want him for governor, but I will be voting for him in the general election. In the USA we vote for the person we want in the primary, and the lesser of two evils in the general election.

If Whitmer gets elected we can hope the Michigan house and senate will still be held by Repubulicans. If that happens she won't pass anything without their support.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep to all of that.  Was bummed he won the primary.

ETA

Quoted:
If Whitmer gets elected we can hope the Michigan house and senate will still be held by Repubulicans. If that happens she won't pass anything without their support.
View Quote
I do think that will happen.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
..In the USA we vote for the person we want in the primary, and the lesser of two evils in the general election. ..
View Quote
In this case voting for Schuette will be voting against the eviler of two lessers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill Schutte has been the best friend to gun owners this state has seen in a long time.

Who remembers not having cans & SBRs?

Want Constitutional Carry?  Want to get rid of pistol registration?  He's our best chance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
While I don''t have anything against the guy he hasn't been running a real high energy campaign.   I fear that we may be stuck with Whitmer which I agree, looks like Granholm the second.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#8]
If we lose the houses and the gov race we're fucked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Then there's the Prop 1 issue. Libs will stay home on the couch with Milk,Brownie's and Cheetos while Gretch gives the state away.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to bash Schuette but are his accomplishments?  His ads just show a generic old white guy shaking hands and nodding at factory workers, nothing about what he has done or will do.  He looks as exciting as a beige Buick.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In this case voting for Schuette will be voting against the eviler of two lessers.
View Quote
Bill Shuette is a political glory hound, but has been the best friend Michigan gun owners have ever seen. Nobody imagined the restoration of Class III firearm ownership righrs in our state as being a possibility, yet here we are.

Expanded liberties is a good thing in my view and exactly the opposite of what every Democrat seems to believe. Name one Democrat that is pro-gun? They don't exist.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bill Shuette is a political glory hound, but has been the best friend Michigan gun owners have ever seen. Nobody imagined the restoration of Class III firearm ownership righrs in our state as being a possibility, yet here we are.

Expanded liberties is a good thing in my view and exactly the opposite of what every Democrat seems to believe. Name one Democrat that is pro-gun? They don't exist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree that Schuette has done many good things for MI gun owners, to a large extent he followed in the trail blazed by former AG and unsuccessful gubernatorial primary candidate Mike Cox.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
While I agree that Schuette has done many good things for MI gun owners, to a large extent he followed in the trail blazed by former AG and unsuccessful gubernatorial primary candidate Mike Cox.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MHO, YMMV, etc.
That may be, and I voted for Mike Cox then.

But I'm pretty happy with what Schutte has accomplished.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MHO, YMMV, etc.

To be sure, I'm intending to vote for Schuette, not Granholm Ver. 2.0.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunately I have to agree with so many of you that we are going to get stuck with Whitmer.  I will be going and voting straight Red next week, but with the ballot proposals I think Dem turn out will be high. I think we're going to be in a tough spot with her in charge. Too many groups are interested in eroding our rights and it'll be a lot easier with her in charge.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#16]
The Rs really shot us in the balls by not legalizing the devils cabbage in the legislature.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Rs really shot us in the balls by not legalizing the devils cabbage in the legislature.
View Quote
Why, because most pot heads are liberals and will show up to vote?

Drugs should have been left alone to begin with. For over 100 years, with the best if intentions (mostly), our politicians have tried to protect the population from themselves. It has had the opposite effect.

Rather than dealing with the problem in an efficient manner, they created a huge underworld. Because of this our inner cities are crime infested hell holes with gangland slayings occurring at rates that would make Al Capone blush.

People rob drug dealers, drug dealers rob drug dealers, drug dealers fight with stolen firearms for market share, the garbage they sell is adulterated with all matter of toxic and non-toxic "fillers", the customer has zero idea what they are buying, how potent it is and what other crap is in it.

Nobody pays taxes and people die. We would have been much smarter to tax these things like cigarettes, arrest people for driving under the influence, prosecute anyone who provides it to minors and aggressively enforce child neglect and abuse.

I trust the pharmacutical industry, would prefer that they made the money and that professionals manufactured, paid taxes and controlled the market.

America has been awash in drugs since I was a child (I'm over 60). Outlawing it has not worked. Now, because of drug testing, all sorts if incredibly dangerous designer drugs have been developed that are much more dangerous and people will use them because nobody is testing for it yet. Obviously the people attracted to this are recklessly indifferent to their health and well being.

How exactly do you protect a person like that?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is true.

The states that have legalized Marijuana are bastions of conservative idea's and ideology.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Drugs should have been left alone to begin with. For over 100 years, with the best if intentions (mostly), our politicians have tried to protect the population from themselves. It has had the opposite effect.

Rather than dealing with the problem in an efficient manner, they created a huge underworld. Because of this our inner cities are crime infested hell holes with gangland slayings occurring at rates that would make Al Capone blush.

People rob drug dealers, drug dealers rob drug dealers, drug dealers fight with stolen firearms for market share, the garbage they sell is adulterated with all matter of toxic and non-toxic "fillers", the customer has zero idea what they are buying, how potent it is and what other crap is in it.

Nobody pays taxes and people die. We would have been much smarter to tax these things like cigarettes, arrest people for driving under the influence, prosecute anyone who provides it to minors and aggressively enforce child neglect and abuse.

I trust the pharmacutical industry, would prefer that they made the money and that professionals manufactured, paid taxes and controlled the market.

America has been awash in drugs since I was a child (I'm over 60). Outlawing it has not worked. Now, because of drug testing, all sorts if incredibly dangerous designer drugs have been developed that are much more dangerous and people will use them because nobody is testing for it yet. Obviously the people attracted to this are recklessly indifferent to their health and well being.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Potheads/druggies are overwhelmingly liberal.

And I agree with with the rest of your post, too.  The 'War on Drugs' has worked out just like Prohibition.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is true.

The states that have legalized Marijuana are bastions of conservative idea's and ideology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is true.

Yeah, and how would things have worked out for those states if their legislatures had passed it, instead of leaving it up to ballot initiatives?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is true.

View Quote
Pretty sure CO, specifically Colorado Springs is a bastion of conservative ideology.  And CA gave us Reagan and Nixon.  The super conservative states aren't cool with caffeine, they won't get to cannabis for another few hundred years.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bill Schutte has been the best friend to gun owners this state has seen in a long time.

Who remembers not having cans & SBRs?

Want Constitutional Carry?  Want to get rid of pistol registration?  He's our best chance.
View Quote
That.

I don’t remember any of you naysayers at all of the fundraisers and meetings in Lansing getting NFA stuff legal in MI....

As far as Wittner goes, she won’t do anything right away with guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top